Recent ebay buy.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User42423

The images below show two cycles I've recently bought from ebay.
20151206_103002.jpg

My own initial research shows it to be a Raleigh Tourist (1947-55).
20151206_104226.jpg

This cycle is currently unknown. However, after studying the frame features, I'm 99% positive its a pre WW2 cycle. Two potential makers come to mind: E F Russ, & Dawes.
Dawes is the most promising, but the frame number does not tally with other known examples.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow,they are great.
A real labour of love restoring those,but worth it.I love the chainrings on the old Raleigh's.
Are you going to give us a stage by stage restoration progress photo shoot ? :okay:

OP
OP
U

User42423

Wow,they are great.
A real labour of love restoring those,but worth it.I love the chainrings on the old Raleigh's.
Are you going to give us a stage by stage restoration progress photo shoot ? :okay:

I'm afraid the brown Raleigh will have to go. it doesn't fit in with my cycle theme. The red one is the keeper.

OP
OP
U

User42423

Hi Scarygerbil.
I agree with you, yes, the hockey stick chain guard does look American. It has what we call a 'Sharks fin'.

I haven't decided its fate yet, disposal or dismantle?.

shadaboot27

The red one is nice. I think it may of had drop racing bars originally. Looking at the adjustable mudguard stays and the headset it looks to be a 1930's sports/racing bike. I'd love to see this cleaned up.

Daddybus

Über Member
Is it really small ..or has it just got really long cables? Lol.. Never seen a sturmey jockey wheel mounted on the top tube

Top Bottom