Recessed bike shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Darren Jeffrey

Über Member
I currently use a pair of shimano R087 that have the "sticky out" type of cleat. I'm looking to get a pair of shoes with recessed cleats. Commonly known as MTB shoes I believe. I presume I'll also need to change pedals.

So can anyone recommend a decent pair if shoes & pedals that won't have the credit card company thinking my cards been stolen

Thanks

Peteaud

Veteran
a600 pedals and RT082 shoes.

If your looking for the same sort of thing I suggest Spesh Tahoe`s and M520 spd the pair can be had for £81, if your budget is slightly higher and you want stiffer shoes the Spesh Carbon Experts can be had for £89 from Evans.

young Ed

Veteran
I have a pair of Shimano MTB shoes and a pair of regular road shoes, they both work with the same Shimano pedals.
something wrong here! probably just a misunderstanding but we shall get to the bottom of it!

you have 2 pairs of shoes? one MTB and one road? and they both fit/work with the same pair of pedals?

do the road pedals look like this?
shimano-cleats-comp.jpg

and the MTB cleats look like this?
shimano-spd-cleats.jpg

this is assuming you aren't riding flat pedals like these?
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSr1zlFZBJ7kkLMkvgiShPBW0JJqWehz3p5oRHf5R5n-Vd-faTT.jpg

or these?
67-27-147_ultralight_road_pedals_w_clips.jpg

sorry if it sounds like i am treating you like an idiot but sometimes pictures are the clearest form of communication i find? :tongue:
Cheers Ed

Cycleops

Legendary Member
They look like this:

image.jpg

Couldn't find my road shoes but I can assure you they work on the same pedals, Shimano 530. The MTB shoes have recessed cleats.

Top Bottom