rechargable lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goon

has anyone had any favourable comments of the wind up rechargable lighting systems available. I will not be using them off road but occasionally on unlit roads.

Wobblers

Euthermic
The one's I've seen all have small 5mm LEDs. I seriously doubt you'd get sufficient light out of those to be able to see your way. They might be just about adequate on lit roads but I wouldn't rely on them to see with. There's also the problem that you'll have to stop to wind them up every few minutes! You really need a decent light such as a Hope 1 or a torch with a Cree LED in it such as the Tesco torch, if you can still find one. Decent rechargeable batteries and charger are also a good investment: I use Sanyo eneloops and a Maha C9000 charger though that's overkill for most people.

battered

Guru
Yes, I have one, it was a cheap and cheerful out of Netto/Aldi or similar and it's been great. I think it was £6.99 a couple of years ago and it's fine. Decent life from a minute or two's winding, and it runs both lights. The whole thing folds up small and fits in a pocket, it's a good get-you-home light for summer/autumn evening rides. I wouldn't want to use it on unlit roads, I'd want a halogen or modern high power battery LED light for that.

OP
OP
G

goon

bought a set from maplin £15,supposed to get up to 30 mins light from 1 minute winding charge. The reality is less than 10 mins light from 4 min winding charge-sheer rubbish will take them back I urge others to avoid at all cost,please.

OP
OP
G

goon

had a refund on the crap wind up lights,but still looking for chargeable ones that dont cost a fortune and had to accept that I would have to buy standard battery lights and rechargeable batteries,looked through the loads on shelves at halfords and guess what-the front lights take aa batts and the rear aaa batts,so you cant even use a set of rechargeable batts without having 2 chargers,another serious marketing flaw by the light manufacturers

Top Bottom