Recomend me a quality cheap stand

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by lynx, 23 Jun 2008.

1. lynx

lynx New Member

As trying to adjust my front derailleur is being a killer.

Have seen one in Decathalon at £30 but is it any good anyone got one?

2. Danny

Danny Legendary Member

A number of us have the Edinburgh Cycles workstand which I am personally very happy with.

Can't comment on the Decathalon stand. However I once wasted £30 on a cheapo stand that was not up to the job so you should check it out carefully before forking out any money.

3. e-rider

e-rider crappy member

Park Tools PCS9 is great for £65 from Chainreaction (free delivery)

4. Alves

Alves New Member

If you have a garage or shed, you can always hang the stem and saddle off a couple of ropes or slings and get a very cheap stand.
    A similar sort of job from the side of a wall using a hook which will keep the frame far enough out also works well.

5. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

I have Decathlon's own stand and it's fine - I just use an additional bit of cloth on the strap to stop and scratches..

6. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

there was a thread a month or so ago where I posted the one I bought a few months ago, it was sub £30 as I recall and is perfectly good for everything I need

it's murder to find on google, only my tight fisted approach got me there originally

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice