1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recomend me a quality cheap stand

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by lynx, 23 Jun 2008.

1. lynx

lynx New Member

As trying to adjust my front derailleur is being a killer.

Have seen one in Decathalon at £30 but is it any good anyone got one?

2. Danny

Danny Legendary Member

A number of us have the Edinburgh Cycles workstand which I am personally very happy with.

Can't comment on the Decathalon stand. However I once wasted £30 on a cheapo stand that was not up to the job so you should check it out carefully before forking out any money.

3. e-rider

e-rider crappy member

Park Tools PCS9 is great for £65 from Chainreaction (free delivery)

4. Alves

Alves New Member

If you have a garage or shed, you can always hang the stem and saddle off a couple of ropes or slings and get a very cheap stand.
    A similar sort of job from the side of a wall using a hook which will keep the frame far enough out also works well.

5. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

I have Decathlon's own stand and it's fine - I just use an additional bit of cloth on the strap to stop and scratches..

6. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

there was a thread a month or so ago where I posted the one I bought a few months ago, it was sub £30 as I recall and is perfectly good for everything I need

it's murder to find on google, only my tight fisted approach got me there originally