Recommend a B&B or guest house in Penzance?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Geoff Crowther

"... travel far, not fast", Ted Simon
Like it says in t'title, anyone know of a nice place for the night in Penzance?
Off on my End to End in May and, though I'm camping I fancy taking it easy for the night before I depart.
I need to be in Penzance as I'm renting a car one-way and want to be able to drop it off at their depot in the town in the morning.
Cheers
Geoff

theloafer

Legendary Member
used these on my second LEJOG ...:thumbsup: http://www.penrosegsthse.co.uk/

OP
OP
Geoff Crowther

Geoff Crowther

I was asked for £30 for a one night single pitch at a camp site eight years ago in Cornwall when i was doing my LEJOG so I'm not surprised.
That is just hilarious Vernon. But yes, it does put it in context. Maybe I'll just have to grit my Yorkshire teeth. Certainly rather pay for a guest house than £30 for camping!
I'll just have to cycle faster for wild camping on Dartmoor and, of course, Scotland.
Cheers.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
That is just hilarious Vernon. But yes, it does put it in context. Maybe I'll just have to grit my Yorkshire teeth. Certainly rather pay for a guest house than £30 for camping!
I'll just have to cycle faster for wild camping on Dartmoor and, of course, Scotland.
Cheers.

I never said that I paid £30. I pedalled on an found a basic £4 a night site a few miles down the road. Extremely basic - best described as wild camping with running water and a chemical toilet.

I know title asks about B&B's/guest houses but there's a YHA in Penzance if that grabs your fancy. I stayed there the beginning of March and it was a decent night sleep. Mind you, the YHA was so quiet I did have a whole dorm room to myself; I don't know what it would be like if it had been a bit busier.

andym

Über Member
These days B&Bs and guest houses often offer the same level of facilities as hotels - and the prices reflect that. On top of that, old-school single rooms are obvious candidates for conversion into en-suite bathrooms.

The place mentioned in the previous post looks good and has a 'classic ' single at £35, otherwise I know it's boring, dull, advice but it might be worth a search on Booking.com - there's a nice-looking place in Mousehole (the King's Arms) at £35 - if you're in a car you can drive into Penzance in the morning.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Geoff Crowther

Geoff Crowther

Update; on recommendation, booked the Lands End Hotel. Given all the above and the undoubted convenience, I was prepared to pay £65. Roll on 1st May.
Thanks for all the offered advice.

Top Bottom