Recommend a cycling novel?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave5N

Über Member
The Hour - Michael Hutchinson

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Not really novels but...
'A Rough Ride' by Paul Kimmage.
Anything by Josie Dew
Anything by Dervla Murphy (although I can't stand them!)
'It's Not About The Bike' and 'Every Second Counts' by Lance.
I'm not a LA fanboi by any means, but they are good books. Mind you, when someone comes across in their own autobiography as being an arrogant self-centered pr1ck you do begin to wonder about them.
If you liked French Revolutions then you might like stuff by Peter Moore. Travel rather than cycling, but Vroom with a View is excellent - going round Italy on a Vespa.

Noodley

Panter, I have a few good cycling books which are gathering dust on a shelf somewhere. What kind of stuff are you looking for? I'll have a look later for titles, but most of them are about pro cycling if that would interest you. I could send you a few if you like.

Dave5N

Über Member
Kimmage is an arse. For real enjoyable dipping-in, easy-to-read stuff, get hold of The Yellow Jersey Guide to The Tour de France.

Obree's Autobiography is gripping stuff - he's a hero of mine as much because of the book as because of my memories of him back in the day.

Dave5N

Über Member
Just thought of another cracking read - Push yourself just a little bit more - Johnny Green.

He was Tour Manager for The Clash, and applied his ligging skills to the Tour. A really different perspective. Interesting view of drugs use as well!

Noodley

One of the best and worst cycling books are about the same person; Pantani.

De Ronchi's book is shite, shite and shite.
Rendell's book reflects the joy, the disappointment, the tradegy, the loss, the reality, provides an insight, reflects on then and now, shows compassion...

Dave5N

Über Member
TheDoctor said:
Stop beating around the bush, and say what you mean!:thumbsup:

He certainly needs to work on his self esteem a little. Whinge whinge whinge. Still enjoyed the book though.

'kay...

You're not going to start on about star trek again though, are you?

Promise?

Top Bottom