Recommend a drone for touring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
I have seen quite a few blogs with drone pics/videos. As a complete novice can anyone recommend a cheap light high quality easy to use drone. Just wanted to get some shots of me en route. Small and light are key and I don't want to spend a lot on something that may be a waste of time

Jay

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Unfortunately to achieve anything decent there's little option but spend.

A second hand DJI Spark would still be in the £300 region, + the test and registration to stay legal

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
mmm £300. Amazon has some for £30...... I don't want to spend anywhere near £300

I am not fussed re video. Will I be able to do adequate stills with a cheapo?

(Apologies if this sounds like the usual bike question we get asked when people can't see why a £99 Argos BSO isn't going to cut even the thinnest mustard!)

Milkfloat

An Peanut
mmm £300. Amazon has some for £30...... I don't want to spend anywhere near £300

I am not fussed re video. Will I be able to do adequate stills with a cheapo?

(Apologies if this sounds like the usual bike question we get asked when people can't see why a £99 Argos BSO isn't going to cut even the thinnest mustard!)
As @T.M.H.N.E.T wrote, too cheap and you won't use it. The one I linked is the start of the decent ones and even then the camera is a not true 4K, however it is a million times better than a £30 Amazon one as it has GPS, follow me, programmed routes, return home etc.

straas

Matt
The guy who has the £300 started off with a £30 one.

I think it lasted for 5 minutes before malfunctioning and smashing into pieces, he said it was incredibly difficult to control.

Top Bottom