Recommend a ladies bike please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
She had a Rapide road bike that she liked, but the brakes were awful.
She is most comfortable on her Ridley Liz C 20, so something with a similar geometry might be suitable.
Having done further research, I reckon the Rapide RL1 disc is about the closest on spec......but she don't like the colour!:angry:
http://ukbikevault.com/shop/bikes/rapide-rl-disc-1-2016/
A 54cm will be too big too presumably ;)

vickster

Legendary Member
Looked at that but ruled it out as it's got long drop calipers, similar to her old Rapide. Even after I upgraded them, as recommended elsewhere, she still struggled to stop the bike down a decent hill.
The long drop Shimano ones on my Genesis are excellent. The Ultegra ones are very well reviewed. Cross lever brakes are great. I'm big and heavy so that's a chunk of momentum to stop too

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
The long drop Shimano ones on my Genesis are excellent. The Ultegra ones are very well reviewed. Cross lever brakes are great. I'm big and heavy so that's a chunk of momentum to stop too
The Ultegra ones on her Ridley are excellent, she has no problem with them at all. The problem is that she doesn't have much of a grip.
I think the new bike will have to be one with discs.

vickster

Legendary Member
The Ultegra ones on her Ridley are excellent, she has no problem with them at all. The problem is that she doesn't have much of a grip.
I think the new bike will have to be one with discs.
So just change the brakes. The btwin is £100 under budget

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Hang the budget. Sell the caravan and get something built bespoke
Already did that with the Ridley. It was a custom build around a C 2 frame - cost more than our caravan!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Here you go: a bit more than your budget, but maybe it's available cheaper, I did not search much.
Btw, I'm a (sort of :whistle:) lady, got a Genesis (flat bar though) and to me it's not as comfy as my cheap Pinnacle.
I also changed the mechanical disk brakes for hydraulic ones, still, other Genesis riders say their original brakes are very good, maybe it was a set up issue with mine.

vickster

Legendary Member
I don’t think there are any hydraulic brifters that operate a triple but TRP spyres are a good and not too costly change

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Here you go: a bit more than your budget, but maybe it's available cheaper, I did not search much.
Btw, I'm a (sort of :whistle:) lady, got a Genesis (flat bar though) and to me it's not as comfy as my cheap Pinnacle.
I also changed the mechanical disk brakes for hydraulic ones, still, other Genesis riders say their original brakes are very good, maybe it was a set up issue with mine.
Thanks - but too similar to her Ridgeback and it's steel. She wants alloy.
This is a difficult one, isn't it?

Disc brakes, you can check the specs, under budget. S should be around a 51 if other wsd Giants are a guide

https://www.paulscycles.co.uk/m7b78...MI87u487_i2AIVzr3tCh0q9wygEAQYCiABEgKbMfD_BwE
Thanks, that sent me searching again and I came up with this. It seems to hit all the right notes and..........she likes the colour!
https://www.liv-cycling.com/gb/invite-2-2015
Trouble is, it's a 2015 model and we might have trouble sourcing one.

Top Bottom