Recommend a ladies bike please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rivers

How far can I go?
Take a look at a specialized diverge. It can handle touring. You can probably find a used one well within budget, with enough spare change to swap over to a sub-compact, which should give her the lower gearing she requires/wants in a double.

vickster

Legendary Member
Take a look at a specialized diverge. It can handle touring. You can probably find a used one well within budget, with enough spare change to swap over to a sub-compact, which should give her the lower gearing she requires/wants in a double.
Except they're all black and grey so miss fussy pants won't like it :rolleyes:

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm starting to think that way , as well.
I'm off down the pub!
2013 Avail? No triple but will take full mudguards @jefmcg has on her 2012. I had a rack on my 2012. Can definitely handle lots of miles on long journeys, @jefmcg has done some ridiculous amount on her on some big hills (of course I sold mine after around 3000 miles but it never missed a beat)

Unfortunately I have a nasty feeling that the 50cm is the Medium with a 54cm TT (as I had one)

https://www.ashcycles.com/site/liv-...avail-2-2013?zenid=nqhfd0i8r04fm2clatef1qioa5

Lovely colour :okay:

humboldt

I feel like the drop bars are potentially a sticking point - no wiggle room there with bar ends, switching out to an unusual non-drop with multiple positions etc? Lots of capable alloy fast hybrids/flat bar road bikes with hydraulic discs, carbon forks (if weight is important as you said) and rack/mudguard mounts out there. Or are they not going to be comfortable enough?

If not, Marin Four Corners any good?
2048x1200_Main_Gallery__0051_FOUR-CORNER-BLUE_P-1_EDIT.jpg

Still steel though and 2018 model a bit out of budget. 2017 models probably under though; Cycle Surgery tend to have lots of last year's Marin stuff on sale if there's one near you for a weight test.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I already have, that's the problem.
A case of 'monkey see - monkey do'.:laugh:
Ahh yes.... I know that problem.... ;)

vickster

Legendary Member
I feel like the drop bars are potentially a sticking point - no wiggle room there with bar ends, switching out to an unusual non-drop with multiple positions etc? Lots of capable alloy fast hybrids/flat bar road bikes with hydraulic discs, carbon forks (if weight is important as you said) and rack/mudguard mounts out there. Or are they not going to be comfortable enough?

If not, Marin Four Corners any good?
View attachment 392154

Still steel though and 2018 model a bit out of budget. 2017 models probably under though; Cycle Surgery tend to have lots of last year's Marin stuff on sale if there's one near you for a weight test.
Rutland have an 18" 2017 in silver for £550

https://www.rutlandcycling.com/bike...MI5bbBjYXk2AIVTbvtCh2k8AjtEAQYASABEgJcRvD_BwE

Promax discs are pretty awful apparently but can be changed to Spyres for ~£100

You cross posted with @alicat

humboldt

Oops!
Think the silver option is very much the nicer one when it comes to the 2017 colours - the olive/red one is pretty unpleasant to me (and I normally LIKE green bikes and contrasting forks).

Top Bottom