Recommend a ladies bike please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
It's red!! xx(*

* That was her reaction when I showed it to her.......
Tough gig eh?

Show her the Shropshire Special here:

http://www.beaumontbicycle.com/new-page-1/

Then tell her "About £2,000 darling, maybe a little more", and perhaps the value in the DKR-hued bike will become apparent.

I'll get a thread ban if I explain. Likely to get one anyway.

Back on topic... ish

I just don't understand what is going on here. Your wife knows what she wants, presumably knows how to use the internet. Only she can decide what compromises she can make. Why isn't she doing the research herself, rather than dismissing your (and our) attempts to help?

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I think I'd leave her to find a bike for herself .... but then I'm not married.

It's better for us blokes to stay well out of all this female purchasing stuff and save the hassle. "You want it, you choose it, you buy it, with YOUR money, and don't complain after if you don't like it. I'm not interested - and I'm going for a beer" :rolleyes:

vickster

Legendary Member
It's better for us blokes to stay well out of all this female purchasing stuff and save the hassle. "You want it, you choose it, you buy it, with MY money, and don't complain after if you don't like it. I'm not interested - and I'm going for a beer" :rolleyes:
FTFY ;)

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Well - I've got a confession to make.
Whilst perusing the stock of our LBS yesterday with MrsD, trying to find a suitable bike for her, I actually bought myself a new one!
I'd been toying with selling my Ridgeback Voyage for a while, as it's very much a 'full on' touring bike and I wanted something a bit more 'roadie' that could handle some light touring.
I fancied something a little bit retro and steel when I saw this; had a test ride, liked it and bought it. Picking it up this morning.
If only Mrs.D was so decisive! :sad:
Screenshot_20180121-094550.png

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Well - I've got a confession to make.
Whilst perusing the stock of our LBS yesterday with MrsD, trying to find a suitable bike for her, I actually bought myself a new one!
I'd been toying with selling my Ridgeback Voyage for a while, as it's very much a 'full on' touring bike and I wanted something a bit more 'roadie' that could handle some light touring.
I fancied something a little bit retro and steel when I saw this; had a test ride, liked it and bought it. Picking it up this morning.
If only Mrs.D was so decisive! :sad:
View attachment 392473
Ooooo. I like that. I have severe regrets with selling a Dawes Audax I had several years ago.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Well............she's bought a bike!
I had a cunning plan......
After I plied her with a very liquid lunch, she eventually realised that a couple of compromises needed to be made, so this widened the scope.
We came back from the pub on Tuesday, settled on a Liv Beliv 1, as she liked the mixte frame, the colour, the brakes and especially the price. We ordered one from Rutland Cycles, before she had a chance to sober up properly. :whistle:
It arrived on Thursday and we went out for a short ride..............
She likes it!
Phew!!

20180201_143600.jpg

https://www.rutlandcycling.com/bike...MIqrrrkKmJ2QIVxp3tCh0nGw0JEAQYASABEgJXx_D_BwE

Last edited:
Top Bottom