Recommend a ladies bike please.

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by Dirk, 18 Jan 2018.

1. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

Need to rechristen her as miss superultrafussypantswithnotverydeeppockets! :rolleyes:

alicat likes this.
  2. Bonefish Blues

Bonefish Blues Banging donk

Tough gig eh?

Show her the Shropshire Special here:

http://www.beaumontbicycle.com/new-page-1/

Then tell her "About £2,000 darling, maybe a little more", and perhaps the value in the DKR-hued bike will become apparent.

3. This is so strange, I am starting to wonder if it's some dom/sub game being played out in public.

4. OP
    OP
    Dirk

Dirk If 6 Was 9

Dom/sub? :scratch:

5. I'll get a thread ban if I explain. Likely to get one anyway.

Back on topic... ish

I just don't understand what is going on here. Your wife knows what she wants, presumably knows how to use the internet. Only she can decide what compromises she can make. Why isn't she doing the research herself, rather than dismissing your (and our) attempts to help?

phantasmagoriana and TinyMyNewt like this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Dirk

Dirk If 6 Was 9

Presumptions can sometimes be incorrect. ;)
    She let's me do the online foot slogging.....

jefmcg likes this.
  7. You're a good and loving partner, and with way more patience than me :okay:

Dirk likes this.
  8. SkipdiverJohn

SkipdiverJohn Über Member

It's better for us blokes to stay well out of all this female purchasing stuff and save the hassle. "You want it, you choose it, you buy it, with YOUR money, and don't complain after if you don't like it. I'm not interested - and I'm going for a beer" :rolleyes:

Dirk likes this.
  9. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

FTFY ;)

alicat likes this.
  10. OP
    OP
    Dirk

Dirk If 6 Was 9

Well - I've got a confession to make.
    Whilst perusing the stock of our LBS yesterday with MrsD, trying to find a suitable bike for her, I actually bought myself a new one!
    I'd been toying with selling my Ridgeback Voyage for a while, as it's very much a 'full on' touring bike and I wanted something a bit more 'roadie' that could handle some light touring.
    I fancied something a little bit retro and steel when I saw this; had a test ride, liked it and bought it. Picking it up this morning.
    If only Mrs.D was so decisive! :sad:
    Screenshot_20180121-094550.png

Mo1959 likes this.
  11. Mo1959

Mo1959 Guru

Ooooo. I like that. I have severe regrets with selling a Dawes Audax I had several years ago.

Dirk likes this.
  12. SkipdiverJohn

SkipdiverJohn Über Member

Nice try with misquoting me! :laugh:

Doesn't work that way in my book I'm afraid. A woman is free to spend HER money on whatever things she chooses. However, she doesn't get to spend MY money like it was hers!

13. OP
    OP
    Dirk

Dirk If 6 Was 9

We just have 'our' money.:smile:

CrinklyLion and vickster like this.
  14. OP
    OP
    Dirk

Dirk If 6 Was 9

Well............she's bought a bike!
    I had a cunning plan......
    After I plied her with a very liquid lunch, she eventually realised that a couple of compromises needed to be made, so this widened the scope.
    We came back from the pub on Tuesday, settled on a Liv Beliv 1, as she liked the mixte frame, the colour, the brakes and especially the price. We ordered one from Rutland Cycles, before she had a chance to sober up properly. :whistle:
    It arrived on Thursday and we went out for a short ride..............
    She likes it!
    Phew!!

20180201_143600.jpg

https://www.rutlandcycling.com/bike...MIqrrrkKmJ2QIVxp3tCh0nGw0JEAQYASABEgJXx_D_BwE

Last edited: 3 Feb 2018
    jefmcg and vickster like this.
  15. alicat

alicat Guru

Phew! and ^_^

What is that on the end of the right hand handlebar?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice