Recommend a ladies bike please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Because it is....OK!*:ninja:

*Never try to reason with a woman who's made up her mind!
OK, the material's material.

I don't think what she wants exists at the price she wants to pay.

I'll leave you to break the news. Grapes or oranges for preference?

humboldt

Possibly a LBS you frequent might be willing to do a deal on fitting a triple to make a sale, especially if it's a less expensive crankset? Something like the GT Grade is around £600 off the peg and is Claris; might be haggleable? Or an older CdA or Kona Rove?

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Possibly a LBS you frequent might be willing to do a deal on fitting a triple to make a sale, especially if it's a less expensive crankset? Something like the GT Grade is around £600 off the peg and is Claris; might be haggleable? Or an older CdA or Kona Rove?

Shes got enough then and she is more or less saying she wants a tourer but doesnt.
Sounds like shed be better off building her own.
Our LBS did the custom build on her Ridley and she loves that.
I'm popping in to the shop tomorrow to test ride my possible new bike, so we'll make enquiries as to what could be built within budget.

vickster

Legendary Member
Why doesn’t she sell the Ridgeback, sounds like she wants a newer lighter replacement and then add the proceeds to the budget so she can get the disc frame set wanted and either build from there or buy a bike and add the triple. How about something like a PX London Road frame or a Ridley CX

vickster

Legendary Member

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
She's going to sell the Ridgeback and a folding bike, and put the money towards the new one.
Total budget for new one - £600.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Top Bottom