Recommend a ladies bike please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Yep, doubt you'll find one. Ashcycles seem to have a Giant back catalogue like Paul's

Could try fleabay

Or the 2017, sane colour scheme, change to triple, sell other parts

https://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/shimano-tiagra-4703-10-speed-triple-groupset/

Don't particularly want to start changing components.
Think I'll have to look out for a 2nd hand one.

vickster

Legendary Member
Or just get her to reconsider the triple, the rest is easy. As said, can always change in future. After all you are retired and have nothing better to do :whistle:

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Thanks.
Looking at the pictures in those adverts, it seems that the Invite won't take proper mudguards, just those 'orrible MTB type thingies.
Guess that rules that one out then!
Back to square one.:sad:

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
She wants a tourer but doesn’t want a tourer. There’s your problem

vickster

Legendary Member
She wants a 'light tourer' that's the problem - nobody seems to make them at the right price there days.
I doubt they ever did. How about calling Spa as the tourer experts, see what they can build for you :smile:

My Genesis equilibrium is a very light (despite being steel) and versatile bike. The guards are full and the rack is very stable fixed at the top with P clips They come up on ebay at good prices, a groupset change may be all that's needed. Although the disc versions will likely be out of budget. Tourers don't traditionally have discs anyhow...new tech versus the triple as 'older' tech

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Sounds as if she is far too fussy to me. Make her manage with her old bike, and buy a new one for yourself ;)

My sentiments exactly. By the time I got to the end of this thread I already felt the urge to bang my head against the wall a few times and then head for the pub!

Top Bottom