Recommend a Tupperware tub?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaijintendo

Veteran
Hey team,

I posted a while ago about my Stinky Ortliebs. I think one of the contributing factors is occasional food spills.

Can anyone suggest a watertight tuppaware tub? IKEA ones don't quite cut it.

Thanks!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
What is in the tubs?

I've used various ones without problems, such as Tesco's own brand, sistema etc. Basically tubs which have those rubber band things in the dip in the lid which become compressed when you clip the sides down.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
It's usually my water bottle that leaks in my pannier when I chuck it in at the end of a journey and only think to see if the valve was closed after a while. Two weeks ago though stuck my hand to the bottom looking for a pen and that's where mine sneak off to... and had that wet sensation... turned out to be the lid of my sunscreen not on properly all over everything!

OP
OP
gaijintendo

gaijintendo

Veteran
Ah, I hadn't looked into this in great depth. I was thinking the clipping ones might be the answer, but I didn't know of any brands.

The bag idea is great... and I have used that on occasion, but it means when it leaks you have a bag of food and a tub...

I hadn't considered a thermos though, because I typically heat the food at work... and the thought of adding to my pre-departure routine frightens me... But it might be worth a look.

simongt

Guru
Amazing isn't it that in this day & age of so called techno advances & improvement, it seems that we are still lacking an affordable, genuinely leakproof container for travel use - ! :rofl:

classic33

Leg End Member
Amazing isn't it that in this day & age of so called techno advances & improvement, it seems that we are still lacking an affordable, genuinely leakproof container for travel use - ! :rofl:
Plastic bag that has no holes, bar the one at the top. How much more affordable do you want.

classic33

Leg End Member
Ah, I hadn't looked into this in great depth. I was thinking the clipping ones might be the answer, but I didn't know of any brands.

The bag idea is great... and I have used that on occasion, but it means when it leaks you have a bag of food and a tub...

I hadn't considered a thermos though, because I typically heat the food at work... and the thought of adding to my pre-departure routine frightens me... But it might be worth a look.
If the bag is clean, where's the problem.

classic33

Leg End Member
Such practicality may rather depend on the 'viscosity' of whatever fluid you are putting in said plastic bag - ! :rofl:
Oil, water, milk, Dry powders?

Carried them all, done right the biggest problem then becomes the air in the bag.

Top Bottom