Recommend a Tyre Lever

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Pedros are a bail out for me... they were only used in winter for the snow studs. They are the best sympathetic plastic lever you can get. I still swear on thumb finishing, but some tyres...

Nigelnightmare

Über Member
Strangely enough, I Swear when thumb finishing too. :biggrin:

Tim Hall

VAR lever for me, after a friend demonstrating one on my 406 tyre.

"What's that Mick?" asked some one else.
<deadpan>"It's a tyre lever Liz"

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
As I have Schwalble Marathon Plus on my commuter bike, I bought some Pedros as they looked the business and were well reported.

Managed to snap one :eek: getting a Marathon on though - ! :rofl:

Muscles from Brussels!

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Screenshot_20170831-233824.png
Because my shoulders are too knackered - I carry one of these........

I tried a VAR on my old 406 Durano fitted wheels on my last trike - it snapped.
Generally speaking I can pretty well reseat any tyre without tools as it is all about technique.
My technique is to ensure as much of the tyre is in the wheel well as possible and if necessary keep it there with toe clip straps. Once you have the very last bit of tyre to get onto the rim, rotate the wheel until it is at the top, then grab the wheel with both hands next to each other at the area of tyre that needs seating, hold the wheel so that your fingers are holding the rim on the side of the wheel furthest away from you so that the heel of your hands are against the part of the tyre still to be seated. Finally, while squeezing the rim tightly twist your hands upwards from your wrists.
This method exerts a lot more pressure than you can exert with your thumbs and reduces the risk of damaging the inner tube with tyre levers.

OP
OP
Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
View attachment 371010 Because my shoulders are too knackered - I carry one of these........

I tried a VAR on my old 406 Durano fitted wheels on my last trike - it snapped.
Generally speaking I can pretty well reseat any tyre without tools as it is all about technique.
My technique is to ensure as much of the tyre is in the wheel well as possible and if necessary keep it there with toe clip straps. Once you have the very last bit of tyre to get onto the rim, rotate the wheel until it is at the top, then grab the wheel with both hands next to each other at the area of tyre that needs seating, hold the wheel so that your fingers are holding the rim on the side of the wheel furthest away from you so that the heel of your hands are against the part of the tyre still to be seated. Finally, while squeezing the rim tightly twist your hands upwards from your wrists.
This method exerts a lot more pressure than you can exert with your thumbs and reduces the risk of damaging the inner tube with tyre levers.
That looks interesting, what is it?

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Mine are BBB branded (that's not a stutter!)
They're made from some kind of composite material so relatively light and tough.

Top Bottom