Recommend me a breakmaker

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
You could always move to France. Saunter down to the shop and buy fresh bread each morning and afternoon. Amazing.

You'd have to do that anyway if you wanted a baguette as I don't think one would fit in a breadmaker, if you didn't want to move you could always charter a Learjet twice a day but that might be quite expensive.

Panasonic.

2PedalsTez

Über Member
Panasonic.
Great for making pizza dough as well!
Like many others have said, make sure you plan to use it a lot or it'll be an expensive box on your worktop.
The smell and taste of the freshly baked bread is amazing though! (especially if you have one with a timer that bakes for first thing in the morning)

OP
OP
Spinney

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Thanks all - and apologies for the spelling mistake!
Even the nay-sayers! I do make bread sometimes by hand, but it usually turns out a tad more brick-like than I would like. My sister has had a breadmaker (panasonic!) for several years and uses it regularly.

I guess it's a panasonic then!

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Definitely Panasonic. I previously had a Morphy Richards and the bread from the Panasonic is much nicer (requires less salt and sugar to rise so the bread isn't too sweet). It's the only "kitchen gadget" I have and I wouldn't be without it.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Also keep your flour in an airtight container so it doesnt absorb air moisture and end up giving you bread with the wrong moisture content.
I've always kept mine in a container so that it doesn't get those tiny flour insects in them.... just as my Mum taught me. (No idea how common they are).

compo

Veteran
We use a Cookworks one from Argos. Cheap and cheerful and consistently turns out good quality bread. I also use it for just making dough when I want rolls or even lardy cake. I am lucky that my next door neighbour works in a flour mill and brings me all manner of different bread mixes as well as plain white and wholemeal mixes.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I use a Morphy Richards

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
bread bike.jpg
What does Jens Voigt have?
this

ohnovino

Large Member
I've got a Kenwood. It gets a lot of use and makes great bread, but the bleeping drives me mad. It bleeps loudly at regular points throughout the cycle, so if I set it on a timer I'll get woken up long before the bread's ready. Then when it finishes, the final bleep is so quiet that I often miss it, and end up with overcooked bread.

ASC1951

Guru
I've been tempted to accept an offer until reminded of the presence of the new but unused slow cooker lurking in a cupboard
I'm surprised you don't use the slow cooker, Vernon. Slack handful of goat, scoop of favourite Patak's curry paste, tin of Natco Exotic Veg, lid, switch, out the door and your dinner's ready for you when you pedal back six hours later.
Not a device I use in the summer, but the 1-2 person jobbie creates excellent stews and casseroles on bleak winter days.

You'd have to do that anyway if you wanted a baguette as I don't think one would fit in a breadmaker, if you didn't want to move you could always charter a Learjet twice a day but that might be quite expensive.

Panasonic.

There is such a thing as a baguette maker, instead of the normal pan it has shelves which look like a row of guttering sections, the bagos are a bit on the short side but there again most French housewives of my acquaintance break the full lengths in two as soon as they get them anyway.

compo

Veteran
All the different makes, but I wouldn't be surprised if the electronics for them all are made by a group of Chinamen working on piecework populating the PCB's in their garden sheds.

Top Bottom