Recommend me a breakmaker

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GBC

Veteran
You don't need a machine, making bread by hand is easy and therapeutic. I make two loafs a week - wholewheat, white, rye or multigrain. Plus I often make a more fancy bread, like Chelsea buns or a brioche

+1
and the kneading is excellent for getting rid of any pent up aggression!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I don't use it for pizza dough as I usually use 1kg of flour, which is more than the machine can handle.
How many pizza's do you make from that? I can just squeeze 3 out of 500g (the max of my machine), which is as many as I can squeeze into the oven (using the bottom of the oven with a small rack to lift it off the base).

compo

Veteran
I have never been able to master the art of hand kneading. It looks so simple and I am sure that once you master it it is, but I just can't do it. I have always used my Kenwood with a dough hook, or latterly, my breadmaking machine.

wormo

Guru
Panasonic for me. Use it a minimum of 3 times per week. Come home from work every friday to the smell of fresh bread cooking. Mainly use it tho for making the dough for bread rolls during the week. You can't beat handmade bread, does taste nicer. I do find it quicker to make bread by hand rather than by machine. Takes 5 hrs for wholemeal loaf.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
+1
and the kneading is excellent for getting rid of any pent up aggression!

And it cleans out the muck from behind your fingernails. :thumbsup:

Reactions: GBC

Cubist

Still wavin'
I'm surprised you don't use the slow cooker, Vernon. Slack handful of goat, scoop of favourite Patak's curry paste, tin of Natco Exotic Veg, lid, switch, out the door and your dinner's ready for you when you pedal back six hours later.
Not a device I use in the summer, but the 1-2 person jobbie creates excellent stews and casseroles on bleak winter days.
Last week ... Ox tail stew, week before neck of lamb, week before that my slow cooked lamb curry on the bone..... Awesome contraptions.

Top Bottom