Recommend me a Greek island!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Kos seems to be a very popular destination at the moment.
We did actually have our honeymoon there. I seem to remember there were some ruins there, but they weren't particularly valued as they weren't Greek!

screenman

Legendary Member
What happens?

It gets wet.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
There is a sand bank between the two seas. The Aegean is a beautiful tranquil turquoise colour and the Med is a dark blue and much rougher. One side there are kids paddling the other people kite and wind surfing.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Many thanks for all suggestions - I really appreciate them. I'll be conferring with 'er indores, and then we'll see what's actually available, focusing on candidates suggested.

Angry Blonde

Über Member
Kos seems to be a very popular destination at the moment.
We did actually have our honeymoon there. I seem to remember there were some ruins there, but they weren't particularly valued as they weren't Greek!

ive just come back from kos the other week i loved it where did you stay when you were there

GM

Legendary Member
I've heard that, Oia in Santorini is very nice. Haven't been, but we will one day!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I have been to a lot of the Islands, and never had a bad holiday. The last time was to Crete. The only downside is Heraklion airport, possibly the worst in Europe.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Another vote for Crete but it is southerly and tends to be hot.

Kefalonia is a little cooler and there are good beaches. Also a fair bit to see: underground lakes, Fiskardo and some ruiny place in the south of the island.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Another vote for Crete but it is southerly and tends to be hot.

Kefalonia is a little cooler and there are good beaches. Also a fair bit to see: underground lakes, Fiskardo and some ruiny place in the south of the island.

That'll be Paleoskala. Stayed at a villa nearby when we got married.

That's me and the better half, not me and you.

Skala's nice.

Top Bottom