Recommend me a horror film......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Psycho

The thing

I know they are old but worth watching.

Hostel ?

Saw ?

Audition, if you don't mind subtitles. The exorcist and the shining if you haven't seen them. Evil dead 2 is always a winner.

mondobongo

Über Member
If you fancy something different to mad slasher running round the campus.

May I recommend 'The Ring' very different and its Scary!

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Depends what you mean by horror, I don't really like horror films. Modern ones I do like are Shaun of the Dead, 8 legged freaks or less comedy based Haunted (1995).

col

Legendary Member
Elmer Fudd said:
Psycho

The thing

I know they are old but worth watching.

Hostel ?

Saw ?

Second both of these,great classics.
Oh and alien too

bonj2

I didn't understand "The Ring", but it was in 2002 at the height of my 'dodgy' phase, so I'm guessing it was just me and not the over-complicated plot. My mates were all raving about it at the time so I'm guessing it's a good film. I think it's more an 'atmospheric'/'psychological' horror than an 'all-out violence and gore fest' horror though so you've got to stay with it.

Other than that, try "Zombies at the gates of dawn".

gbb

Legendary Member
Maybe i'm getting squeamish as i get older :sad:...but Hostel did it for me....ughhh, couldnt bear to watch at times ;)

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Thanks peeps, some very good taste on here :sad:

The Alien films must be some of the best films ever made, I'm just in the mood for something new at the moment, or new to me anyway :sad:

Saw and The Ring are superb but I've seen them.

event horizon, if you like a good sci-fi horror mix. in the mould of alien but slightly more disturbing.

Sounds perfect, but Fimflex don't have it ;), or Hostel for that matter :biggrin:

Any other thoughts?

Cheers

Chris :wacko:

KitsuneAndy

alecstilleyedye said:
event horizon, if you like a good sci-fi horror mix. in the mould of alien but slightly more disturbing.

I thought that was awesome, but everyone else I know seems to think it was awful, glad to know I'm not the only one :sad:

Anything with Zombies in is always good.

Dawn of the Dead? (original or remake, two totally different movies really)

Actually, the remake wins just for having the Richard Cheese version of Down With The Sickness on the soundtrack.

28 Days Later

Alien

Irreversable (though don't expect to have sex anytime soon after watching it unless ur missus is very strong stomached)

The Grudge - yikes, just writing that sent a shiver down my spine

Top Bottom