Recommend me a new rear light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just got home from work and my rear light isn't working. Having purchased it at Tredz, I didnt think it would do the Halfords on me.
Anyway Im looking for a quality rear light that must be water proof. I dont have a budget in mind but I dont want something that costs hundreds, or need something the space station staff can see.
Not sure if this is the right forum, seemed apt as I need a new asap for commuting.

If I needed a rear light I'd like this from Wilko:

http://www.wilko.com/bike-parts+acc...ar-2-led-high-intensity-blackred/invt/0342372

£7.99

0342372_l.jpg

G3CWI

Veteran
Death Star XXL

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Exposure Flare and Blaze are both great lights... the only slight downside if the mounting (silicone band and clip could be better and tend to wobble a touch, even realign)

Moon make come decent lights. I have a set of Comets and they're both bright and have a long charge (the above beat them for charge length).

The Smart and Phart halfwatts are the option for those on a budget. Great lights, not expensive, good side vis and distance vis. Battery life is also very good so you'll get your money worth

potsy

Rambler
I keep looking at the Moon Shield, 60 lumen of brightness, short-ish runtime seems to be the major downside though it is usb chargeable.
Currently running a few of the Smart Lunar R1's or Superflash/half watt on various bikes, very good for the money.

Maylian

Veteran

I've got the Moon Shield on one of the bikes, fantastic brightness. On flashing mode it has a reasonably good life, certainly a good few hours. The fastening / bracket isn't the best, although I guess it depends on your route. When I take my longer routes which tend to incorporate cattle grids every once in a while it bounces off. To be fair it's happened twice in 8 months of cycling around the New Forest, but may happen. On the other bike I have Moon Comet 30, not as bright but good brightness and modes.

Alternatively I have a backup light which is the Cateye Rapid 3. Decent battery life, good modes, especially the random mode. I tend to use it in conjunction with the other lights and not too sure how visible it is.

Top Bottom