Recommend me a new rear light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Broadside

Guru
Knog Blinder Road, very bright and USB rechargeable, also properly waterproof.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Smart R2 and Phaart Bleeps. The Bleep is better made than the RSP Astrum it copies. The mount is Smart light compatible. I also have two C&Bseen retina burners

upandover

Guru
A Third here for the explosure flare. I modded mine a little to get the angle right, but it's by far the best rear light I have, very visible, but well diffused so not blinding. (My back-up is the smart Luner 2 half watt)

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Was it the old model? The twist switch was a terrible design and now changed to a proper button.
Yes was the old one, i did not know the new one had a proper switch.:thumbsup:

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Yes was the old one, i did not know the new one had a proper switch.:thumbsup:
I think the new one is technically called Tracer or something now. Its the same gubbins lighting wise.

Just checked their website... the Flare is still made with a twist switch so I must be wrong on the change. Unless what I'd heard was abut the gubbins in the twist switch.... bloody confused now.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I use a pair of Serfas TL-80 rear lights (one each on seat post and rear of helmet), and have been happy with them, as they're
  • fully waterproof;
  • reliable;
  • very bright;
  • USB rechargeable (with a nice firm seal on the USB socket's cover, on the bottom of the light); and
  • come with a clothes clip and seat post mount.
serfas_TL80_cover.jpg

Top Bottom