Recommend me a new rear light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
The Aldi bikemate rear light has kept going through 2 winters and several soakings. I recharge the AAA batteries fortnightly. It is a rather bright thing with a strong & reliable bracket. The front light in the £7.99 set is OK but I don't find the rubber band mounting to be all that durable.

I keep toying with the idea of getting something more expensive or USB rechargeable and the Planet X Area shield above looks excellent. This Lifeline http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-usb-led-double-beam-30-lumen-rear-light/ also looks rather good. I would think 30 lumens more than enough.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
The Phart lights are cracking value and nearly as bright as the Smart lights they copy. I would put some grease around the seal and even some insulation tape though as thay are not fully waterproof in a downpour. Mind you the Smarts aren't either.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
My favourite is the Cateye TL-LD1100 using rechargeable AA batteries...
my current one is around 7 years old and has survived the worst Scandinavia can through at it in terms of vertical and horizontal water in the air....:whistle:

Plus it looks a bit like a hand grenade which is a bonus.

Crankarm

Guru
My favourite is the Cateye TL-LD1100 using rechargeable AA batteries...
my current one is around 7 years old and has survived the worst Scandinavia can through at it in terms of vertical and horizontal water in the air....:whistle:

Good lights. Some git at work pinched mine ……… and I take my bike inside.

However my main rear light is an Exposure Redeye which is phenomenally bright. However the wire connecting to the battery is crap as in low temps like winter the plastic cracks so mine has lots of black electrical tape keeping it together.

siadwell

Guru
The thing that puts me off this one is the fact it's an almost identical copy of the Moon Shield which can be had for a similar price, would rather buy the real thing than a copy.
Planet X say that the Areo products are Moon products branded differently for the Italian market.
See the description here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Moon-Mask...k-5-USB-Rechargable-Front-Light-/291142539507

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
[QUOTE="victor, post: 3309547, member: 9294"
serfas_TL80_cover.jpg
[/QUOTE]
The undertakers lamp of choice. Does it come with tiny carbon handles on the side

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Moon Comet - they do them in pairs and can usually be found in the £30-£40 bracket (they are more expensive, but the online retailers, they offer the discounts which can't be missed!). USB charged and they come with rubber strappy clippy things aswell, so fitting is the easiest thing in the world.

Top Bottom