Recommend me a small run around

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
+1 for the C1.

I had one for a bit, very economical, an absolute hoot to drive and enough room for two of us and the dog with enough luggage for a week away.
I'd recommend going for the 5- door - easier to get in and out of (and you can't fit roof bars to the 3 door so no bike carrier!) - and the 82bhp model which is usefully nipper, nicer in motorway runs and make virtually no difference to fuel economy.

OldShep

Über Member
I’ve never owned a Vauxhall as I’ve never been taken with them. Son bought a wee Corsa and I’m impressed. The ride is fine and working on it is a doddle with Parts numerous and not too dear. He’d been running my old diesel til it died but finds the petrol for short journeys far better.

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Just to conclude this thread I bought a C1 this afternoon.
2014 plate with 50000 miles. I’ve just taxed it for £0 and insured it for peanuts.
it drives like a go-cart and it will be a perfect 2nd car run about.

Domus

Guru
Late to this thread, we did two years racing in the C1 challenge endurance racing. The C1 was a delight to turn into a racing car, it was extremely well put together and very well engineered. Unfortunately our driver (prima donna) rolled it at Croft. After the first season, including finishing in P6 in a 24 hour race with a field of 50+, the engine was removed and re built, complete waste of time, it was immaculate. It finished every race bar one when the other driver (prima donna 2) smashed a drive shaft by hitting another car, we had to remove the gearbox by torchlight to drift out the broken shaft, we had it ready for the 6 hour race the next morning and qualified in third. A cracking little car.

This year we have built a Ford KA for that endurance series. It is WOEFUL compared to the C1. We all said on day one of the build, "what have we done"

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Late to this thread, we did two years racing in the C1 challenge endurance racing. The C1 was a delight to turn into a racing car, it was extremely well put together and very well engineered. Unfortunately our driver (prima donna) rolled it at Croft. After the first season, including finishing in P6 in a 24 hour race with a field of 50+, the engine was removed and re built, complete waste of time, it was immaculate. It finished every race bar one when the other driver (prima donna 2) smashed a drive shaft by hitting another car, we had to remove the gearbox by torchlight to drift out the broken shaft, we had it ready for the 6 hour race the next morning and qualified in third. A cracking little car.

This year we have built a Ford KA for that endurance series. It is WOEFUL compared to the C1. We all said on day one of the build, "what have we done"
Thread please!

Top Bottom