Recommend me a winter glove

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Just noticed that it says "hand wash" on the details for those gloves.
I avoid hand wash only stuff but fair to assume that's just the company lawyers sticking their oar in? ie: we can disclaim all responsibility if they fall apart on the first wash - either you shouldn't have machine washed them or your handwashing technique is all to pot/clumsy/you are a clumsy oaf.
No, if they're like the ones I bought last year (probably from Toolstation not Screwfix so might be slightly different), I'd expect the internal fleecy stuff to fall apart in a suitably vigorous machine wash more likely than not and collect in the machine filters if you're lucky. The external coating is pretty tough so I've usually just rinsed them off (I use them for gardening in winter because they're useless for cycling in the cold north sea wind IMO) and I think gently handwashed them to get the sweat out only once.

GuyBoden

Guru
They look like the ones I've got. They're about as warm as sealskinz but not waterproof at all or windproof enough, so I get too cold cycling below 2°c in them and don't much like them in rain below 10°c, so they've been relegated to winter gardening while I use decathlon ski mitts for cycling.

Just noticed that it says "hand wash" on the details for those gloves.
I avoid hand wash only stuff but fair to assume that's just the company lawyers sticking their oar in? ie: we can disclaim all responsibility if they fall apart on the first wash - either you shouldn't have machine washed them or your handwashing technique is all to pot/clumsy/you are a clumsy oaf.

I have to admit that I have never washed my pair except for wiping the outer material. The inner is still intact after three winters.

Decathlon ski mitts seem a good idea, I stay with brickies gloves for now..................

Top Bottom