Recommend me a winter glove

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it

Adam4868

Guru
Hang on a sec. Not only does that spoil your aero whatever, but it simply means that any water which gathers on your glove or the bottom edge of your sleeve cuff is blown straight up your arm.
I ride so fast that water just skims of me....

dodgy

Last edited:

Levo-Lon

Guru
IMG_20181226_102436.jpg

My new PlaneX Crab finger gloves turned up xmas eve.
£10 for a superb gloves, odd looking they may be but the quality is excellent.

these will be plenty warn enough.

this photo reminds me ,i must get a decent tablet as this amazon fire thing is total crap

Last edited:

Adam4868

Guru
Crab/lobster whatever gloves are for me worth their weight in gold.Some people don't like them but I've never had a problem with bike gear/brake controls and never had cold hands.

Levo-Lon

Guru
[QUOTE 5481140, member: 9609"]whats the point in having the fingers split up ?[/QUOTE]

Its about having 2 fingers ..............Fnar warning..togeather for extra warmth.
Normal gloves separate all the fingers so more chance of getting cold.

Well that's what i think anyway

mangid

Guru
i use these No gloves are waterproof as the water runs down your arm into the glove. http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/..._dc|pcrid|294922111664|pkw||pmt||prd|504621UK

I use a pair of diving wrist seals. The cuffs on my wonderful Gore ShakeDry won't go over the layers of gloves I wear, so it I put it over these, and then fold them back and over my Gore shells which go over whatever it is I need for the cold (lobsters, mitten, fingered).

conical-latex-wrist-4V8s.jpg

Even then, after 3 or 4 hours the Gore shell gloves give up the ghost, but I no longer suffer from painfully wet and cold hands.

dodgy

[QUOTE 5481140, member: 9609"]whats the point in having the fingers split up ?[/QUOTE]

Reduced surface area.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
[QUOTE 5481343, member: 9609"]I was more meaning the advantage over full mitts, I'm a big advocate of the advantages of keeping all the fingers together to preserve warmth.[/QUOTE]
Some people struggle to push the correct lever in multi-lever brifters with mitts.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I have recently acquired some Sealskin Highland gloves which say they are windproof & waterproof. I have ridden for up to 45 mins in heavy rain and had dry, warm hands which haven't got too sweaty. They were reduced to £27 at GoOutdoors

They have insulation which makes me think that they'll be fine at around freezing temperature too.

After a zero-degrees ten mile dry commute, which read as -3 on the Wahoo thanks to windchill, the Sealskinz Highland gloves performed very well and my hands stayed warm. Hands didn't get damp or sweaty either.

Top Bottom