1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RockBrothers bar mitts/ poggies

Discussion in 'Shopping, Services, Offers and Reviews' started by cyberknight, 27 Dec 2016.

1. cyberknight

cyberknight Guru

Bought these from ebay for £14 from china
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RockBros-...c4eda0f&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=5&sd=261896171418
    s-l1600.jpg
    Tried them last week in close to freezing temps and the definitely kept my hands warm , i wore a thin pair of full finger gloves too, sure i cant use the drops with them and they are listed as only for internal routed cables which isnt a problem for me .At this price i could probably butcher a pair to make them fit or cut a small hole in them and rewire external cables .
    They also do ones for flat bars .
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROCKBROS-...0defa90&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=371330642156

Attached Files:

summerdays likes this.
  2. steve50

steve50 Disenchanted Member

I used to have similar mitts on my motorcycle during the winter months, great for keeping your hands warm and dry just a little odd to look at.

3. OP
    OP
    cyberknight

cyberknight Guru

On my drop bar MTB so its odd looking anyway :smile: , i dont care as long as im warm.

summerdays, raleighnut and steve50 like this.
  4. dodgy

dodgy Veteran

These look just the thing, honestly tempted to try them. You've had them a while now, what do you think of them?

5. OP
    OP
    cyberknight

cyberknight Guru

Used them last winter and they are the business.
    Only for drop bars with internal cables but im sure you could bodge them, i do have some other cheap flat bar ones too and they work too.

dodgy likes this.
  6. andrew_s

andrew_s Veteran

7. dodgy

dodgy Veteran

Mine arrived this morning, I am very confident they'll do the job :smile:

cyberknight likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    cyberknight

cyberknight Guru

Just in time too

9. dodgy

dodgy Veteran

First test ride done. Poor conditions today, blowy with hail and rain and varying from about 3C to 4C (one patch of 2C at low level).

These things are a revelation! Honestly, I've suffered with cold hands all my cycling life, tried everything, the best so far being 'lobster' mitts. But the RockBros are on another level. Next time there's a "best gloves for cold hands" thread on here, I'll recommend them, if the OP ignores my advice, that will be a shame because these things work!

As they not only cover your hands, but also the levers and bars, you don't get that heat-sink effect when you put your fingers on the cold metal of the levers. After a while, the bars actually started to feel warm! I only wore thin touchscreen type gloves and I was toasty in the hail and rain.

Easily the best 12 quid or thereabouts I've ever spent on any of my bikes. Thanks @cyberknight for the steer ^_^

cyberknight likes this.
  10. OP
    OP
    cyberknight

cyberknight Guru

Just put mine on, literally ready for tomorrows commute.