RockBrothers bar mitts/ poggies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Bought these from ebay for £14 from china
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RockBros-...c4eda0f&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=5&sd=261896171418
s-l1600.jpg

Tried them last week in close to freezing temps and the definitely kept my hands warm , i wore a thin pair of full finger gloves too, sure i cant use the drops with them and they are listed as only for internal routed cables which isnt a problem for me .At this price i could probably butcher a pair to make them fit or cut a small hole in them and rewire external cables .
They also do ones for flat bars .
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROCKBROS-...0defa90&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=371330642156

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 172

steve50

Disenchanted Member
I used to have similar mitts on my motorcycle during the winter months, great for keeping your hands warm and dry just a little odd to look at.

dodgy

These look just the thing, honestly tempted to try them. You've had them a while now, what do you think of them?

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

These look just the thing, honestly tempted to try them. You've had them a while now, what do you think of them?
Used them last winter and they are the business.
Only for drop bars with internal cables but im sure you could bodge them, i do have some other cheap flat bar ones too and they work too.

dodgy

First test ride done. Poor conditions today, blowy with hail and rain and varying from about 3C to 4C (one patch of 2C at low level).

These things are a revelation! Honestly, I've suffered with cold hands all my cycling life, tried everything, the best so far being 'lobster' mitts. But the RockBros are on another level. Next time there's a "best gloves for cold hands" thread on here, I'll recommend them, if the OP ignores my advice, that will be a shame because these things work!

As they not only cover your hands, but also the levers and bars, you don't get that heat-sink effect when you put your fingers on the cold metal of the levers. After a while, the bars actually started to feel warm! I only wore thin touchscreen type gloves and I was toasty in the hail and rain.

Easily the best 12 quid or thereabouts I've ever spent on any of my bikes. Thanks @cyberknight for the steer ^_^

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

First test ride done. Poor conditions today, blowy with hail and rain and varying from about 3C to 4C (one patch of 2C at low level).

These things are a revelation! Honestly, I've suffered with cold hands all my cycling life, tried everything, the best so far being 'lobster' mitts. But the RockBros are on another level. Next time there's a "best gloves for cold hands" thread on here, I'll recommend them, if the OP ignores my advice, that will be a shame because these things work!

As they not only cover your hands, but also the levers and bars, you don't get that heat-sink effect when you put your fingers on the cold metal of the levers. After a while, the bars actually started to feel warm! I only wore thin touchscreen type gloves and I was toasty in the hail and rain.

Easily the best 12 quid or thereabouts I've ever spent on any of my bikes. Thanks @cyberknight for the steer ^_^
Just put mine on, literally ready for tomorrows commute.

Top Bottom