Recommend me an Ad Blocker.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I've used a variety in the past... some come bundled with mal-ware, some block everything and/or bombard one with options.... Block this? yes/no. Block that? yes/no. ....and are more hassle than they're worth.

Can anyone recommend an ad blocker that simply works?

Cheers :smile:

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Adblock , I'm using it on Chrome and it's pretty much fit and forget.

D

Deleted member 26715

Didn't realise anyone used ad blockers anymore, is there still a need, what kind of websites do you visit that requires one?

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Didn't realise anyone used ad blockers anymore, is there still a need, what kind of websites do you visit that requires one?
Not used one for a couple of years but certain websites such as our local paper's site is packed with ads that render it almost unvisitable. Found a good retro blog this morning but all the ads slowed its pages down to a crawl... hence thinking about using an ad blocker again. But Ad Block seems to be slowing things too... will check out Ghostery, and maybe finally ditch Firefox after all these years... it's not the browser it used to be.

MikeG

Guru
Adblock Plus. It's absolutely essential, as there are adds everywhere, including most forums. I have no idea how anyone manages without.

Your tolerance is obviously higher than mine.
Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 13.31.10.jpg

NickNick

uBlock origin is the best out there at the moment, it is as effective as AdBlock Plus and the its offshoots, but is much less memory and cpu intensive, its available for firefox, chrome, safari, edge and poss some other browsers.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Adblock here too ... some sites request that you disable it in their domain, but no other issues ever. Using it as an extension to Chrome.

Top Bottom