Recommend me an Ad Blocker.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Do these stop the stalking cookies that are following me around? You know look at something then its appearing everywhere you go or another brand of the same thing.

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Do these stop the stalking cookies that are following me around? You know look at something then its appearing everywhere you go or another brand of the same thing.
not sure... but cookies are easily removed under the 'history' tab.

D

Deleted member 26715

Your tolerance is obviously higher than mine.
Not quite sure of the relevance of that but I don't use one & don't have any issues, but clearly it's down to the sites visited.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Cookers following you around!

All related to where I went yesterday! Only one item bought and that was from a Bricks and Mortar (Boots)

Hosting - ~I logged in to my Hosting providers websites
Cooker its all @Accy cyclist fault
Tesco I logged in to my account for my kids.

Facebook are versions of this to the right and then about every 6th post - driving me nuts, on principle I wouldn't buy anything from these companies!!

I assume they are paying forthis to be served a small amount and then a larger amount if I click - having checked its looks like it is Google - I never login to Google yet they have magically associated me to my Phone (which is logged in) as these adverts are appearing in my free Radio app on my phone FFS

amazon.png
hosting.png
tesco.png
timber.png

amazon.png
hosting.png
tesco.png
timber.png

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
All related to where I went yesterday! Only one item bought and that was from a Bricks and Mortar (Boots)

Hosting - ~I logged in to my Hosting providers websites
Cooker its all @Accy cyclist fault
Tesco I logged in to my account for my kids.

Facebook are versions of this to the right and then about every 6th post - driving me nuts, on principle I wouldn't buy anything from these companies!!

I assume they are paying forthis to be served a small amount and then a larger amount if I click - having checked its looks like it is Google - I never login to Google yet they have magically associated me to my Phone (which is logged in) as these adverts are appearing in my free Radio app on my phone FFS

. View attachment 380286 View attachment 380287 View attachment 380288 View attachment 380289

View attachment 380286 View attachment 380287 View attachment 380288 View attachment 380289
So, who fell asleep on the shitter?
Full marks for cutting the poster's name out but it really reminded me why I'm not going to get rid of AdBlockPlus.

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Thanks for the replies people!

I tried Adblock plus on Firefox and disabled it after half an hour to install uBlock... both seemed to add a short yet annoying delay to page load times, and uBlock would claim to be blocking adds from pages which don't have any ads. I've since ditched the ad blockers as well as Firefox and am now using Chrome.

Top Bottom