Recommend me some Bib Shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ACS

Legendary Member
dhb Earnley Cycling Bib Shorts

For the price they are VFM.

yello

Personally, I have found by trial-and-error my favourite bibs to be....

Santini King GXT

Slightly longer leg length than other bibs I've owned, which is one of the reasons I like them, but I reckon they're a top quality short. The one's I reach for for my long rides.

vorsprung

Veteran
I got some Endura FS260 bibshorts recently
Looking at the size chart I got a medium
This was wrong, when they arrived they were much too small
The chart should have "arse diameter" or something. Waist and chest size don't work for shorts.

I emailed Endura and they did reply promptly, although not altogether helpfully. "It's difficult to measure the shorts"...yes...but you make them...presumably to fit a particular sized person...what is that size!!??!!

Kablinsky

Heartily recommend Spiuk bibshorts (accompanied by a tub of udderly smooth chamois cream). Got me through the Vatternrundan last year. My rear was about the only thing that didn't hurt.

zacklaws

Guru
After hearing so much about the DHB shorts, I bought some, but find them very uncomfortable after about 30 miles.

Today I went back to my usual Trek Criterium bib shorts, did a 50+ ride and no sore backside as usual with them.

But I think its a case of what's good for some people, just does not work for others. Reading reviews of the Trek shorts, there's a lot of praises, but a lot not praising them. Oddly enough though, I wore the DHB's during winter under my bib tights which only have minimal padding, found it very comfortable on long runs and thought they were excellent, but on there own, I find them very uncomfortable.

yello

zacklaws said:
But I think its a case of what's good for some people, just does not work for others.

And therein is the moral of the story. Not just for bibshorts either.

Posts asking for 'the best' this that or the other will get a hat full of replies, depending on the responding individual's criteria. That is useful but I have found that responses have to be further sifted because those criteria don't match your own. I seem to recall, many moons ago, someone getting quite shirty because the forum couldn't tell him what 'the best' lighting solution was! (Or was it GPS, can't remember exactly!)

Now DHB represents excellent value for money, no question, but I personally would say there are much better shorts in the OP's price range (£50 - £70).

And no, I am most definitely NOT saying DHB are crap just in case someone decides to interpret me that way!! ;)

Top Bottom