Recommend me some flat pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
I have an old hybrid I keep in London for the ride to the office and need new pedals. Nothing fancy, some flat platform pedals looking vaguely like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X-Mount...hash=item3d590cc118:m:m2G7v5Z4vzTLZXmsN-KQ2aw

However Ebay seems to have them from a couple of quid up to very pricey. Any suggestions? Back fine, but lime green or orange also nice as it will help me spot my bike in the racks! Cheap and reliable would be ideal

ChrisEyles

Guru
These are superb flat pedals if you want / don't mind pins:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/wellgo-v8-copy-flat-pedals/rp-prod563

I've used them on several MTBs and build quality is consistently very good.

I've also used a few slightly cheaper ones like the one in your link and build quality has not been so good (one particularly cheap pair only had bearings at one end of the pedal spindle and a plastic bushing on the other side, which made it impossible to adjust to run smooth with no rattle).

davidphilips

Veteran
For me i would perhaps pay a few pounds more and go for wellgo pedals cheap and cheerful.

Attachments

• Chrysanthemum.jpg
    Chrysanthemum.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 74

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Dmr (they come in lots of colours, I've got orange) or Wellgo.
If you spend around 20/25 quid the quality will be fine ime.

Alan O

Über Member
Another vote for DMR or Wellgo from me. I have DMR pedals and a friend has the Wellgo version, and they're both really good. I'd probably save a few quid and get Wellgo next time.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
And another vote for the Welgo V8 Copies - I've got them on three of my four flat pedal equipped bikes.

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
Then go for rubber grips, not sole-destroying pins. Wellgo LU-868, Union SP-808, Vavert Commuter/Leisure to name three examples.
A slight tone of telling me off. I need a decent amount of grip as I have Parkinsons and my left leg struggles in certain pedal actions e.g. as i pull back and slips off the pedal. The ones I have chosen have a nice wide surface, and no sharp edges unlike others. But the studs allow me to grip as I pull back slightly. I do us SPDs for all other bikes but for this application I am going with flats

It is only 4km or so each way. I will survive

Top Bottom