1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recommend me some pedals

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by alecstilleyedye, 23 Apr 2008.

1. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

my look 206s seem to be on their way out. for a budget of around £35 i can get look keos, spd-sl or time impact. old school look would mean i could use both sets of shoes with both road bikes, but as i have two of each i suppose i could live with having bike specific shoes.

any recommendations/warnings?

cheers in advance.

2. Time.

3. I bought Spd-sl's as a lbs told me these were slightly easier to waddle in because of the rubber pads on the bottom. I find them a little hard to clip in sometimes, that probably just me however :blush: I've no experience of others so I can't really compare.

4. Stwutter

Stwutter New Member

Been using Look Keo's for a coupe of years, and never had any trouble with them.

5. Christopher

Christopher Über Member

Old school Looks aren't compatible with the new Look Keos. The Keo cleat is just a tiny bit smaller I think.

6. Look Keo's - classic(about £35) or spint(about £50) - not really sure what the difference is apart from the Sprint the tension spring is enclosed.

My Classics have stood up well to quite a bit of abuse.

7. bobbyp

bobbyp Senior Member

I've just switched to SPD-SL from SPD-R. An arbitrary choice based on shinyness. I'll let you know if they're any good when I get round to fitting them.

8. Stwutter

Stwutter New Member

Very true, but the poster can always buy new cleats.

9. simonali

simonali Über Member

I didn't like the Shimanos. Too floaty, too fiddly to clip into and they creaked. Get the Looks.

10. Joe24

Joe24 More serious cyclist than Bonj

Look Keo's.
    I've had them and they are ment to be very reliable. Although i broke mine, but still i like them and they look pretty good aswell.
    If you catch it right you might be able to get them slightly cheaper from Decathlon like i did, i think i got them when they had them with 10% off.

11. NorthernSky

NorthernSky Über Member

hi

i was thinking of the look keo classic

if i buy the red ones do I get the 9degree of float? (or do all models come with grey float as standard (would be a bit pants having to fork out another £18 for red cleats :sad:))

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=13079

plus has anyone seen them cheaper? they have gone up a fair bit i think

thanks

12. adscrim

adscrim Über Member

I've purchased two pairs of keo's and they both came with grey cleats

There are some cheeper cleats around though - I've recently picked up some red one from the planet x sale. They come up on ebay all the time too.

13. NorthernSky

NorthernSky Über Member

thanks, loads on ebay like you said, and much cheaper. will just have to get the red cleats separately i guess