Recommend me some summer gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
With the nice weather here (at least for now) I'm on the lookout for some summer gloves.

Must have:
Fingerless design
Some padding on the palm
Black colour

Must not have:
A cutout on the back - I'm not a fan of tanned patches on the backs of my hands.

Cheers.

teletext45

Lidl - £2.99 :tongue:

andy

Pearl Izumi make a proper glove (as opposed to velcro secure etc) and they are not bad... Probikekit have them. They do ok for the variety of road riding I might do and are easy enough to get on and off.
C2143.jpg

I also have some pairs of Specialized BG Comp gel / whatever mitts - and they are probably the most comfortable for me, although it means a velcro fastener. Nice gloves though. Offers on both these pairs if you keep your eyes peeled!
specialized-bg-gel-mitt.jpg

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
+1 Specialized BG Comp gel / whatever mitts

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Thanks for all the suggestions so far. Keep them coming!

I'm also interested in new gloves...

I have biggish hands and long fingers and I find the SPEG to be the most comfortable thus far.

It seems that, if the gloves are pressing on the top of the inter-finger bit of skin, I get numb fingers. This - more than the padding on the front of the glove - helps to keep my hands from going numb.

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I think I'm either going to go for the Spesh BG ones, or the Speg.
The former are stocked in my LBS, so I might pop in on Saturday morning to try them out before deciding for sure.

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I bought the Spesh BG gel ones. Wore them today for my commute in. Very comfy, very pleased with them.
Thanks for all the suggestions.

Top Bottom