recommend some amazon prime stuff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Being a skinflint (but also in truth never wanting to sign up to "premium media" - don't like to sit in front of the telly much - would rather read).
have signed up to a free month trial of Amazon prime which gives you certain free streaming progs etc - it WILL be cancelled before the month/christmas season is over - well early in the new year

Can anyone recommend any stuff - films or short series, fiction or doc, which are already complete?

(I have of course researched in advance the cancellation procedure/found out where amazon have buried it)

Last edited:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I don't know if it's still available but "Hell on Wheels" was a great series set in the early days of the expanding rail system in America. It relates the stories of those who worked the railroads: immigrants, former slaves, and the bosses who exploited them. A bit like a gritty western full of hardship, poverty and the struggles of escaping that life.

stephec

Legendary Member
If you've not already seen them enough times on ITV4 then every episode of The Professionals is now available on there, including the one that's never been shown on TV before, Klansman.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
If you've not already seen them enough times on ITV4 then every episode of The Professionals is now available on there, including the one that's never been shown on TV before, Klansman.
never watched it the first time on terrestrial - may skip.
In truth I really signed up to watch the wondrous
Foxes Afloat.
(Portillo - eat your pants)
as they plugged it on their youtube channel
but from looking at the title cards on amazon prime it looks like they might just have repackaged their free (and excellent) youtube stuff.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
It's a Sci-Fi series, worth a watch if you like sci-fi, but there are quite a few Seasons now.

Clarkson's Farm is funny, and he ends up not being the main star ! Get's done over by a young lad that's helping him out.
mm - thanks for the reply but not really a sci-fi bod - and have issues with Clarkson, clever as he undoubtedly is.

Highlights from my recent Amazon Watch History, in no particular order:

Parasite
Snowpiercer
Saint Maud
Midsommar
Knives Out
The Children Act
Pride
What we do in the Shadows
Get Out
I, Daniel Blake
Spotlight
The Beatles: Eight Days a Week - The Touring Years
Death of Stalin
South Park - multiple seasons
Red
Red 2

...any of which I'd happily re-watch. This has also made me realise I don't watch any documentaries on Amazon - I tend to rely on the iPlayer and All4 for those, just out of force of habit.

stephec

Legendary Member
never watched it the first time on terrestrial - may skip.
In truth I really signed up to watch the wondrous
Foxes Afloat.
(Portillo - eat your pants)
as they plugged it on their youtube channel
but from looking at the title cards on amazon prime it looks like they might just have repackaged their free (and excellent) youtube stuff.
You'll be telling me next that you've never had a Ford Capri either. 😂

I used to love watching it as a kid.

As far as Clarkson goes I'm the same as you, but I gave in and watched the farm show and it is entertaining, it also shows farmers in a very good light and is a positive advert for British farmers.

He obviously plays it for laughs but often the joke's on him as he has to bow to the superior knowledge of those who are helping him.

I don't know if @mudsticks has seen it, but if you have is it quite accurate because it looks rather too much like hard work for me?

sheddy

Legendary Member
Not sure if still available, but last winter we saw ‘Why We Cycle’ from the Netherlands.

Also a film from Portland, Oregon showing the cycle improvements.

Top Bottom