recommend some amazon prime stuff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
oh go on Colin try me/horrify me with your own watching.
Murder/death/kill/catch 'em! :laugh:

>>I think you need to imagine what @Blue Hills would like based on his posts on CycleChat

Well that could be, er, interesting/possibly libellous.
It is probably a compliment to say that I didn't think that you would be into murder/death/kill/catch 'em

Oh, House MD wasn't like that; more like this (topical example!)...

Sharky

Guru
Our subscriptions seem to have crept up, with BT TV, NOW(including Sky cinema channels), Prime, Netflix, MGM & Disney+,
But is seems the more choice you have, the harder it is to find something to watch. In the evenings, we seem to sit down too late to watch a film, so end up watching repeats of "Who wants to be a millionaire" on one of the channels.

Disney+ is great if you have children or if you don't, but like animations and Prime is good for free next day deliveries on Amazon.
Amazon music is also good using an Amazon Dot.

DRM

Guru
You may find that Clarkson’s Farm may change your opinion of him somewhat.

Probably the best series I’ve ever seen on Amazon Prime and I suspect it’s done more for Farmers and Farming in eight episodes than all ten billion episodes of Countryfile put together.
This ^^^ it’s a brilliant series, and highlights just how difficult it is to get food on our tables, one bit of rain at the wrong time, and whole years income is wrecked, and he definitely gets upstaged by Caleb

stephec

Legendary Member
No - though a mate of mine had a real beast version of a Capri which I rather admired for its sheer perversity - and I did have a fuel-injected Audi which I wrote off by crashing it into a police car.

Hello cycling :smile:

I think when the Professionals was on originally I was being a bit superior - though I did later come to appreciate the Sweeney. Will maybe check out - ta - though I often find that old dramas seem somewhat clunky/slow/talky when seen now.
It does look a bit dated now, but as I liked it first time round I can accept that.

The Sweeney was another top class show from that era as well. 😊

OP
OP
Blue Hills
update

thanks for the helpful replies folks but in the end I cancelled it before the month ran out (and before amazon cancelling the card anyway) by not watching a damn thing.

rather confirmed my idea that if you just have a licence and can access freeview/bbc iplayer you are fine.

Anything else a distraction.

If you kinda run out of stuff (probably not likely) well just go to bed early/ride your bike/read a good book/fark.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I did see the Pendle Witch Child there - an old terrestrial prog rerun - seem to recall that I was a bit disappointed by it when I saw it - but nowhere near as much as by THAT Dr Who episode - missed all the atmosphere and I have a vague memory that they shot it down south or in wales or somewhere. The great Pendle Witch drama is still to be made I think - in the real damn locations - including Salter Fell.
Old post I know but you may be confusing The Pendle Witch Child with something else? It's a documentary, not a drama.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Old post I know but you may be confusing The Pendle Witch Child with something else? It's a documentary, not a drama.
presenter is a poet rather than historian though?
thanks for the extra plug - may rewatch if get a chance - turns up on freeview things now and again I think.
still surprised that a decent drama hasn't turned up on the Pendle Witches - lots of drama, history, issues - maybe its time is due - some producer exploring/grandstanding the trans angle.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
It does look a bit dated now, but as I liked it first time round I can accept that.

The Sweeney was another top class show from that era as well. 😊
tho as the excellent 3 part beeb doc on 70s met corruption pointed out, the sweeney despite its gritty credentials side-stepped all that.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
presenter is a poet rather than historian though?
thanks for the extra plug - may rewatch if get a chance - turns up on freeview things now and again I think.
still surprised that a decent drama hasn't turned up on the Pendle Witches - lots of drama, history, issues - maybe its time is due - some producer exploring/grandstanding the trans angle.
Yes it's Simon Armitage... it's all historically correct though and worth a watch

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
tho as the excellent 3 part beeb doc on 70s met corruption pointed out, the sweeney despite its gritty credentials side-stepped all that.
The original 1970s UK four parter "Law and Order" based on the books of GF Neuman tackled it head on, to the extent the police were horrified and put pressure on the BBC to not show it again. It is only in recent years it has started making an occasional appearance on BBC4 and is a must watch if you haven't seen it before. From what we now know about the activities of the Flying Squad in those days it is very true to life.

Top Bottom