Recommendations for carbon road wheels with a high rider weight limit.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John5500

Hi,

I’m looking for recommendations for a carbon wheel set for the heavier rider 115/125kg.

I’ve seen that hunt, Bontrager and Just riding along do some with higher weight limits and was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions?

Cheers

Globalti

Legendary Member
Speak to Hunt, their sales service is first class.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Hoping not to offend, but why carbon wheels if you want something for a heavier rider? I would recommend something more traditional, handbuilt and with 32 spokes. Good, practical wheels don't have to be heavy and for not a massive amount of money you could get something you can have confidence in.

vickster

Legendary Member
If you like the deeper dish look, the H Son built with plenty of spokes by Spa or similar might suit

Globalti

Legendary Member
I've just fitted some Hunt alloys to my bike and I'm happy with them. What's wrong with Hunt?

Globalti

Legendary Member
Isn't that how you make money? Create a brand, create a mystique and add value.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Isn't that how you make money? Create a brand, create a mystique and add value.
All very nice, but perhaps the OP is seeking something a bit more substantial than brand and mystique?

Beside GT, you can neither be described as heavy or super powerful! A wheel that is suitable for you may not be able to withstand the demands of the OP....

Globalti

Legendary Member
Well my Hunt wheels cost £400, which was well below my budget but I'm quite happy with them. Even don't mind the noise!

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Only ever seen one pair of melted carbon rims, Young girl coming down the mountains in Spain, she had the brakes on all the way down, she did not like descending.:laugh:

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I'm a similar weight and ran zipp 302 wheels with no problems.
Sensible spoke count (for carbon anyway), and well built, using standard spokes and hubs so if a anything did go wrong, spares were easy to come by.

Top Bottom