Recommendations for Cycle to Work Scheme provider - Leeds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kynikos

Veteran
I've been asked to set up a scheme for a client in Leeds and I'd be grateful for any recommendations based on experience, particularly locally.

I did use Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op successfully many years ago but have no recent experience.

roley poley

Über Member
EBC still good and a co-op .Bike shops are getting thinner on the ground round here,no cycle surgery or bicycle republic Evans shrunk to the station site only ..Woodrups is good too .

vickster

Legendary Member
Check out which schemes the various good Leeds and surrounds LBS take (and whether they charge a surcharge for C2W etc)

rivers

How far can I go?
Green Commute Initiative is who my work use. My LBS likes dealing with them as well, as they pay promptly and take less of a cut then others apparently.

DRM

Guru
Also try to think about the logistics of picking up the bike, Leeds is a huge area, the you might need a few options open to people, not just one supplier as some could be too far away to encourage staff to take up the offer, have a look and see how far the LS postcodes go, and some parts of Leeds have WF (Wakefield) & BD (Bradford) postcodes, for example I would have to go very much out of my way to use Edinburgh Bicycle Coop, remember a lot of people commute from a fairway out into the City Centre, DC lane of this parish springs to mind as an example

Last edited:
OP
OP
kynikos

kynikos

Veteran
Thanks everyone, some good points. Client has an offshoot in Kirklees so it seems unfair to go with EBC as it would involve a fair round trip for anyone who wanted to visit the shop. Both Cyclescheme and Green Commute Initiative look good and have a wide choice of LBSs on their books so plenty of choice.

I'm minded to go with GCI - their scheme has a number of features not available elsewhere, not least what happens to the bikes in the event of business failure, seems better recommended, and it's a Social Enterprise so ticks a lot of boxes.

Top Bottom