Recommendations for winter/wet weather tyres.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
looking at a comparison site i was looking at michelin service course 4 and they come out very well , i run service 3s on the summer bike and i like them

The Zaffiro Pro is the one that you want to get, the standard variant is less grippy and comfortable but does wear better. I'm guessing the rubber compound is what's different as well as the folding bead.
ta, sounds like both are decent in their own way then - will consider them.

si_c

Guru
ta, sounds like both are decent in their own way then - will consider them.
The thing I like about the Zaffiros - Pro or not - is they are cheap enough to take a punt on, if you don't get on with them then they are always useful stuffed in a drawer as an emergency tire.

The thing I like about the Zaffiros - Pro or not - is they are cheap enough to take a punt on, if you don't get on with them then they are always useful stuffed in a drawer as an emergency tire.
Fair point.
Planet X does seem to have a very ready supply of discounted Vittoria tyres.
(just had a delivery from Planet X by the way and think I have finally figured out something - orders with wired tyres but not folding ones bump up the postage, from £3.99 to £6.99.

Puncture after puncture, maybe says more about my commute . Mich Endurance or 4 Seasons were better. Gone tubeless now and appear to have much better reliability.
My Planet X order turned up yesterday - had forgotten which tyre I'd ordered - I went for something cheap for a possibly urgent need/stopgap - turns out it's a Zaffiro Pro slick folding - must say it doesn't look very convincing on the toughness ant-puncture front. My experience of Vittoria tyres so far (via Planet X deals of course) is that they are nice, comfortable but rather more delicate than I am used to.

Top Bottom