Recommendations pls. Women’s trousers for commuting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julia9054

Guru
I have a pair of winter trousers by Shimano which are starting to look a bit shabby and the Velcro round the ankles is starting to let me down. They don’t seem to make them any more.
Looking for recommendations - womens winter trousers, as warm as possible, shower proof, possibly mtb style.

vickster

Legendary Member
Nothing on velovixen?

vickster

Legendary Member
Commuter clothing does tend to cost!
Could you get non cycling specific from craghoppers or similar?
Or get some Velcro ankle bands for the Shimano ones and see if they’ll last the winter until the summer sales?!

12boy

Guru
I've been using crosscountry ski pants for a couple of decades and like them very well. With a thin pair of polypro-merino long underwear they are good to about -10 C. Mine are Sporthill but there must be many. Snow and to some extent rain kinda beads up on them although they aren't waterproof. Without the longies they are good to 30C even with a wind. Pretty durable, too. Second pair in 20 years.

OP
OP
Julia9054

Julia9054

Guru
Thanks for all the suggestions.
The Endura ones look lovely but are out of stock in my size everywhere so I have gone for winter hiking trousers from Decathlon at a very reasonable £49.99. If they turn out to be unsuitable for cycling for whatever reason, I could do with winter walking trousers

silva

Über Member
Velcro is easy to repair, there's a hair and a hook side, it's usually the hair side that wears out, replace or if that appears as too much hassle just stitch a new one on top, and use a different color thread so next replacement it's easier to cut the right ones.

Top Bottom