Record your milage Bikejournal.com

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
After a recent post on average speeds etc I noted this website where you can store trips etc http://www.bikejournal.com

You can record as little or as much as you want with regard to miles covered, journey time, average speed, heart rate etc etc and if going for a goal in the year gauges where you are towards that figure.

Furthermore you can see how you are doing against others who cycle reguarly around the globe.

In addition to this you can also register to a group / organisation and then any of your mileages count towards the club in a league table.
For anyone that is interested I have created the group "Cycle Chat" and the password to join is cunningly called "cycle chat"

Thanks to Noodley for the link, great website.

andharwheel

Already do. But due to its popularity you are getting less features unless you become a premium member.

OP
OP
4F

4F

Fair point. I notice that the premium features work out at USD 20 a year which given the current rate of exchange comes in at about a tenner. I only joined this month so I am getting the premium service free of charge. for the first month, I will keep an eye out and see how it changes after that.

frog

It's a few months since I logged my miles on Bike Journal but I paid my $20 and when you look at the advanced features a few are still work in progress. Having said that it's only a tenner and I wouldn't begrudge that to anyone who was improving their site as this one is doing.

It was quite nice to have a mileage battle with a bloke in Miami and somewhere in Australia. :blush: I'm sure they were keeping just as close an eye on my miles as I was on theirs.

The one thing membership is worth is the ability to download your entire record in Excel format whenever you want. Non-members can only do this a limited number of times a year. This is great if your home PC breaks down and you loose all your data as has happened to me in the past.

Not wanting to cause friction I also note that acf have a cycling club which logs a huge number of miles. I'm sure we can do better - not as it's a competition or anything.

OP
OP
4F

4F

I find that it is a great incentive for increasing your mileage as I am extending my evening run home and going out for extra runs at lunchime etc. I know what you mean about keeping an eye on other riders as so far this year there is another chap in the UK that keeps changing places with me !

Previously I have found that I don't quite make the 5000 miles a year but used to get very close to this, however at my current rate I am on for 6000 this year. Not bad for only using the bike Mondays - Thursdays !

andharwheel

I like it because I can compare my mileages and am ranked as well. Its another incentive to keep the mileage up. I have recorded by mileage since the early1980's. I am probably going to go for the premium option soon so that I can download the spreadsheets.

doyler78

I know its all about logging miles however I hate the fact that the routing function is so useless ie no imports/exports or no auto-routing. Makes creating routes so time consuming that it isn't even worth bothering which limits its appeal to me somewhat. All the major routing sites now offer this feature and they are all free so a site which makes a charge, no matter how small, really should have this sorted.

snorri

Legendary Member
It appeared to me the guy that devised BikeJournal has never heard of the term "user friendly". I found it very cumbersome to operate and eventually just gave up.xx(

levad

Veteran
I use http://www.cyclogs.co.uk its free, but I don't know how it compares to bikejournel

frog

I think it will take at least a dozen of us just to catch up with Simon Galgut. Doesn't that man have a home or something :huh:

I think Plax's miles should count double - there aren't many flat bits in Wales :wacko:

Top Bottom