Recovered Bikes, Lothians

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Hopefully some people will get their bikes back. I am sure there will be a number that go unclaimed because the original owner has claimed on insurance and the insurance company won't bother to go and find out if the bike is now theirs. Maybe one or two bargains to be had at the coming auction.

Maz

Guru
Has anyone been to one of these unclaimed bike auctions? Can you pick up some real bargains?

ghitchen

Hairy Jock said:
Hopefully some people will get their bikes back. I am sure there will be a number that go unclaimed because the original owner has claimed on insurance and the insurance company won't bother to go and find out if the bike is now theirs. Maybe one or two bargains to be had at the coming auction.

Any idea where and when the auction is?

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I asked the Lothian and Borders Police about their auctions and this was their reply:

For your information, the last auction was actually held last Saturday
(8th December 2007) for the near future we will be using an Internet
based site called i-sold4u, which is an internet based sales site.
This however will not start until January 2008 and everyone will be able
to access the items as and when they want to. I would also point out
that the property will be dealt with by i-sold4u and they will be
control with all aspects of the sale and items will be available for
collection at their base.

I hope this is of some assistance

So there we have it stolen bike sold on e-bay by the Police...:blush:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Wonder how cheap they'll be on that eBay seller site ?

I really fancy getting a road bike for when the better weather arrives in 2008, but I'd like to get one cheap as it'll probably only be the good-weather steed. I could, of course, go for an expensive on through the Bike To Work Scheme in April - but I'd rather not lumber myself with a year of payments if I can avoid it.

Top Bottom