1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recovered Bikes, Lothians

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by HLaB, 13 Dec 2007.

1. Touch wood, I don't have to go but I see the Police are having an viewing day for recovered bikes at their Fettes College HQ. Mon 17th Dec between 5.30pm and 7.30pm

2. HJ

HJ Cycling in Scotland

Hopefully some people will get their bikes back. I am sure there will be a number that go unclaimed because the original owner has claimed on insurance and the insurance company won't bother to go and find out if the bike is now theirs. Maybe one or two bargains to be had at the coming auction.

3. Maz

Maz Guru

Has anyone been to one of these unclaimed bike auctions? Can you pick up some real bargains?

4. ghitchen

ghitchen Well-Known Member

Any idea where and when the auction is?

5. HJ

HJ Cycling in Scotland

I asked the Lothian and Borders Police about their auctions and this was their reply:

So there we have it stolen bike sold on e-bay by the Police...:blush:

6. goo_mason

goo_mason Champion barbed-wire hurdler

Wonder how cheap they'll be on that eBay seller site ?

I really fancy getting a road bike for when the better weather arrives in 2008, but I'd like to get one cheap as it'll probably only be the good-weather steed. I could, of course, go for an expensive on through the Bike To Work Scheme in April - but I'd rather not lumber myself with a year of payments if I can avoid it.