Recovery drink/food?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimboalee

jimboalee said:
Smoked Salmon in egg mayonaise to start.

ChateauBriand, rare to English.

Bodyfortress strawberry flavour THICK shake with Channel Island Gold-top.

Dreams, dreams.

Most of the time, its a Fray Bentos Steak pie and spiced wedges.

But the Bodyfortress is in there.

Originally Posted by Fab Foodie
Or you could just save your money andd do the milkshake/chocomilk and banana thing. It'll likely be better for you too.
Don't believe the hype.

I generally just stick to a pretty sensible diet... but when I'm 'particularly tired', a bottle of forgoodnessshakes or even just half a bottle works like nothing else... for me anyway! I may go through one bottle every few weeks and hardly breaks the bank at £1 a bottle.

Try it for yourself before deciding... but make sure your muscles are really aching in order to feel the full benefits!!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
008 said:
I generally just stick to a pretty sensible diet... but when I'm 'particularly tired', a bottle of forgoodnessshakes or even just half a bottle works like nothing else... for me anyway! I may go through one bottle every few weeks and hardly breaks the bank at £1 a bottle.

Try it for yourself before deciding... but make sure your muscles are really aching in order to feel the full benefits!!

Fair point 008, I should try it really, but as the guff says, it's milk and 'natural' fruit sugars (plus vitamins and minerals that you should have enough from a normal diet anyway), so nothing special. Comparing it's performance to either water or an Isotonic sport drink is hardly stiff competition. I'm just sure it works fine, just as milkshake and a banana does, milk's always in the fridge,bananas in the fruit bowl and 1 tub Nesquick lasts an age. It's pretty handy and for most of us amateurs around here and more than good enough!

jimboalee

P180409_0842.jpg

Nutrition sorted for Castleton Classic.

Thanks to Tesco 'Reduced for quick sale'.

I hope Ipstones Village Hall have a microwave.:birthday:

Hont

Guru
The Velvet Curtain said:
Makes me fart for Britain, I can't get on with processed whey protein, that's why I stick to good old milk.

Is there a GB farting team? My wife should try out for that.

I know what you mean, though, but I find it's alright if mixed before going out on the ride. It gives it time to absorb the water better than if mixed after coming back in. Helps to dodge that particular bullet.

Top Bottom