Recovery rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

endoman

Tried to use my commute today as recovery rides, zone 1 and 2 HR, really soft on the pedals. Very easy riding, even up the 13% hills, but a good 10-15 minutes slower over the 15 mile commute. Computer stats tell me I was 90% in zone 1 which is what I wanted, dull though! Nasty club turbo session coming tomorrow to make up for it.
At least I know I can use the commute as recovery rides after a hard session. Legs will no doubt thank me later.

D

Deleted member 1258

I commute in ordinary clothes and try and ride a little easy, succeed most days. Recently I've been on the turbo before breakfast a couple of times a week and the commute is supposed to be a recovery ride on those days, it tends to end up as an ordinary commute, on the turbo this morning, riding to work on the section between Ash Green and Bedworth and I realize I'm going full chat, had to back out of it and slow down. Yes it is possible to do recovery rides on the commute, but it can be difficult if your feeling good.

I still can't get my head around the purpose of a recovery ride.
Could anyone point me in the direction of some good online information, i'd like to have a read up to see if
recovery rides may be useful as part of my cycling schedule.

OP
OP
endoman

endoman

Was told by coach last night it helps flush metabolites out of the muscles. Hard one hour coached turbo last night. Advised 40 minutes low zone 2 today then will be fine for weekend.

Top Bottom