Recovery time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Igor73

Hi all, I've just had surgery on my Achilles, a debridement, has anyone else had the same & if so what was your recovery period & how long until you got back on the bike? I'm aware that it'll vary from person to person and that procedures to can vary so just after a rough idea, thanks in advance.

Last edited:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
How major was your surgery? I know nothing medical but having a quick google just out of curiosity brought THIS up and it sounds quite important to get the recovery right! I suggest that rather than asking a load of strangers on the Internet that you seek the advice of your surgeon and then follow that advice.
I would have thought you have already been instructed about the best recovery path prior to the surgery?

OP
OP
Igor73

Igor73

How major was your surgery? I know nothing medical but having a quick google just out of curiosity brought THIS up and it sounds quite important to get the recovery right! I suggest that rather than asking a load of strangers on the Internet that you seek the advice of your surgeon and then follow that advice.
I would have thought you have already been instructed about the best recovery path prior to the surgery?
As you state that you "know nothing medical", I appreciate you're trying to be helpful but I was asking for people who'd had similar on their experience rather than their advice, I will obviously be heeding what my surgeon has told me.

Top Bottom