Recovery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nihal

Veteran
I ride 13 miles in an hour odd(below 20 minutes that is) every weekday and increase the distance to abot 16 miles on weekends.This sounds stupid,but is any muscle recover time required????If so,how much?

I wouldn't have thought so....

Garz

Squat Member
If your legs feel heavy and sore then it may be worth taking it easy for a day, but other than that not really.

Nihal, what does your legs feel like? Are you out of breath after these rides? Do you feel tired by the weekend? etc.. give us more information!

OP
OP
Nihal

Nihal

Veteran
Okay,Well after 13 miles, my legs usually feel heavy for a few minutes so i just sit for a few minutes after ridinng then get back up as usual.I do feel out of breath in the middle of my ride(apart from normal speed i do five 1 mile sprints)but finish with no problems(i know,thats wierd).But weekend rides,i do a wee bit slowly as i've got more time(no sprints on weekends you see).I am also planning to start running about three days a week(M/W/F).So i meant if by running i had to compensate some bike distance so as to not overwork.I've heard doing too much can end badly so i asked if any specific time was required for recovery and sorry i did'nt mention running before:smile:

Garz

Squat Member
Danger of overtraining there.

Slowly build up the exercise having two to three quality rest days at first. Alternate the cycling and running as they use slightly different muscle groups, however if your goal is to get better at cycling then you need to do this more (than running).

Top Bottom