Recumbents in Kent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Riding in Circles
I am super slow up hills, so average out at a relatively slow speed, although that seems to fluctuate a lot, so I wouldn't worry to much, I may try to put something together for a few weeks time.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
LOL.

Sounds good to me. Count me in. I'm supposed to be doing a 3 day on Somme / Dieppe area a couple of weeks into September, so could use all the practice I can get ;)

Do you reckon you might bring along one of your cameras too? It'd be nice to have some footage that proves its possible to keep upright on these things. Nobody in my family seems to believe me :smile: The idea of capturing more than one of us in frame would be fantastic.

arallsopp

Excellent. All we've got to do is throw a harness around the tail of his hurricane, tie on, and enjoy some real laid back cycling. ;)

arallsopp

USS for me.

I'd had my eyes on a Grasshopper FX for 6 months (following diagnosis of a degenerative back condition) but my LBS only had it for trial with OSS. I tried it a few times but could never get it working. Darn shame, as a folder would have been marvellous. Was never sure if it was the laid back position, or the bars.

Fortunately, they also had a USS StreetMachine, so I tried it out. Fantastically easy to control. I spent the next couple of weeks trying to weigh up the risks of ordering a USS Grasshopper sight unseen, and in the end opted for an USS SMGTe.

No regrets so far :becool: Loving the bike.

stevew

I'd be in for a 'bent kent ride as soon as I've got my PDQ or similar. The Trice went last weekend...................boo hoo !!
Perhaps if it happens before I get sorted I can use the machine in the avitar, pleeeeese ?

OP
OP
Riding in Circles
stevew said:
I'd be in for a 'bent kent ride as soon as I've got my PDQ or similar. The Trice went last weekend...................boo hoo !!
Perhaps if it happens before I get sorted I can use the machine in the avitar, pleeeeese ?

You can borrow one of the demo's from here for the ride if need be, I dug out the PDQ and now I remember why I retired it, the frame is cracked around the fork crown, I will no doubt repair it one day but I will have to split it and sleeve it, long job for a less busy time. The guy I got it from was a big fat pig (his words not mine), so I guess that is why it failed.

arallsopp

Hey Steve,

I've got to put some serious miles in for next years LEL, so I can very likely clear time for a ride on any nominated weekend.

On an unrelated note, I'm still aiming to bring the bent along on the 9th. Charles is busy, unfortunately. Thinking you might bring the Bacchetta?

Top Bottom