Recumbents in Kent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
So am I, only I have to work. Blast!!

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Can't help it. Better that than father another generation of ugg boot wearing perma tanned essex girl wag wannabees. Its for the good of the species, and very selfless of us, I feel.

Or did you mean Bent as in corrupt? In that case, yes, its all true.

arallsopp said:
Can't help it. Better that than father another generation of ugg boot wearing perma tanned essex girl wag wannabees. Its for the good of the species, and very selfless of us, I feel.

Or did you mean Bent as in corrupt? In that case, yes, its all true.

When I worked with the Army in Woolwich, the residents of Eltham and Bromley were not exactly known for their honesty, social enthusiasm and observation of the finer points of English Law (allegedly)

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I'm an ex-Kent resident (escaped to Essex earlier this year) and would enjoy joining a Kent ride as long as start point and finish point are joined up by some public transport that's Trike-suitable, and as long as that's 'allowed', me being an Essex Gal now!

arallsopp

Excellent. Bromley has a lot of steps twixt platform and street, so its probably not your best target. Any ideas folks?

stevew

Yes it this Sunday See http://www.bromleycyclists.org/9nov.html. Not sure if the middle bit will be trike friendly though, but on the other hand we will be going really slow and waiting for anyone who needs to walk. Some of the tracks are narrow footpaths through the woods but I'm reasonably sure a NT Trice would be OK. Give me a call if you want more info (see PM). Chances are that I will be on a two wheel 'bent and there may be two others.
BTW this is not a 'bent specific ride, it's actually designed for beginners on "normal" bikes.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Hi Steve, thanks for this and for PMing me your details.

I haven't got an NT and it's a bit of an early start for me if I'm to drive from North of Colchester so I'm not sure yet. I think I've also got a bit confused as to whether this was the Bent Kent ride - it seems not to be. I'll have to get back to you on whether I come as I'm out late on Saturday night to a big do and might need a bit of a lie-in on Sunday!

stevew

Just supposing we had a Bent Kent ride on a Sunday starting at Orpington station. say about 20 miles. Who would be up for it ?
PM me your email address and I'll see what I can do.

arallsopp

I hear you Mikey, but in the back of my mind, I'm thinking Helen is on a trike due to a disability with her arm(?). The trike is very likely heavier than your bent, and potentially she's less able to fling it up and down stairs :girl:

Of course, that might be the back of my mind lying to me, or becoming unecessarily patronising or something, in which case, ignore me. ;)

Top Bottom