Recurring Dreams

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Had another iteration of my recurring dream...I get it every few months. Don't know what it means but it must mean something

The dream always involves me and public transport. I always start off with everything under control, plenty of time to get wherever I need to be. Then it starts to unravel and I always end up in some mad panic...then I wake up

Last night I was in London and told Mrs N that I had to pop back to the hotel to pick up some luggage and I'd meet here somewhere or other. I got on a bus to meet her, only to find the bus was going in totally the wrong direction. So I got off, and went to a Tube station. Waited in a waiting room (I know, there are no waiting rooms, but it's my dream, OK?) and train came, but I missed it faffing with my luggage in the room. Then I found I was on the platform facing away from the direction I wanted to travel, so I went out of the station, and found I was in an industrial landscape and couldn't get back into the station to get the tube to meet Mrs N. Much running and panicking....then I woke up

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I'm no shrink, but on the face of it appears to be some kind of anxiety type fear, like you think you have things under control but in reality that control is just an illusion and actually you don't know what you are doing or are just at the mercy of outside forces beyond your control.

Does this reflect your real life, are you swimming in waters that have currents capable of overpowering you if you make a mistake?

I too have an irregular but recurring dream, but don't think I have had it for a year or two now.

It follows a similar format each time, starts off in a mundane or normal setting like at work, on a train, in town or at an airport or such. Always a public/semi-public place. Then things start to get exciting and there is a major incident of some kind, like a fire, natural disaster or terrorist attack, etc and I get all Hollywood hero and start running around saving the day, rescuing people, fighting the bad guys etc.

The kick/twist come right at the end when I have saved everyone, been the hero, beaten the baddies and now just handing over to the emergency services that have finally shown up to clear up the mess. At this point I realise I'm no longer wearing any pants, nothing at all below the waist except for shredded rags if that! :eek:
Suddenly I become very conscious of this and just want to hide my embarrassment and remove myself from all the attention, but also feel that I should pretend it's nothing and ignore my nudity because I'm the hero and that's just what happened in the course of my actions..... BUT everyone can see me :blush:

Not sure what this dream means or says about my personality either?

presta

Guru
I used to have one when I was a kid. Crossing the road, I'd get half way across then my feet would stick to the ground and I'd be unable to move. I'd wake up just as a lorry ran me over.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Had another iteration of my recurring dream...I get it every few months. Don't know what it means but it must mean something

The dream always involves me and public transport. I always start off with everything under control, plenty of time to get wherever I need to be. Then it starts to unravel and I always end up in some mad panic...then I wake up

Last night I was in London and told Mrs N that I had to pop back to the hotel to pick up some luggage and I'd meet here somewhere or other. I got on a bus to meet her, only to find the bus was going in totally the wrong direction. So I got off, and went to a Tube station. Waited in a waiting room (I know, there are no waiting rooms, but it's my dream, OK?) and train came, but I missed it faffing with my luggage in the room. Then I found I was on the platform facing away from the direction I wanted to travel, so I went out of the station, and found I was in an industrial landscape and couldn't get back into the station to get the tube to meet Mrs N. Much running and panicking....then I woke up
Don't know what it means but you're probably not a fan of Sadiq Khan.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
It means you will have seven years of getting where you want right on time, followed by seven years of traffic chaos and being constantly late for work. ..... Oh, hang on, I've watched Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Coat too many times.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Because it repeats. Always slightly different (last time it was an airport...got there in loads of time, all sorts of crazy stuff happened and I ended up running for the plane)

Presumably it's my brain's way of coming to terms with something
Maybe your brain is locked into a meaningless loop of similar dreams, a bit like having an ear worm.

Top Bottom