Recurring Dreams

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Why must it mean something?
I find dreams usually mean something, even if piffle - no matter how bizarre - just a matter of figuring it out - had a dream about a couple of dressed upright walking foxes coming out of a house last night - believe it or not while making the espresso it occured to me what that was all about. The human mind is an amazing thing - I love dreaming - often better than the telly.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
What it really means is your paranoid about being late for anything
The interesting thing is I'm punctual but far from paranoid about lateness. But my job requires me to be very organised and be able to keep a lot of plates spinning at the same time. Maybe the dream is my brain rebelling against this

Roseland triker

Cheese ..... It's all about the cheese
The interesting thing is I'm punctual but far from paranoid about lateness. But my job requires me to be very organised and be able to keep a lot of plates spinning at the same time. Maybe the dream is my brain rebelling against this
Yes sub consciousness creates that type of dream when busy.
It's basically ADHD .
Easy to change just sit quietly for an hour before bed no TV or food etc. :biggrin:

Julia9054

Guru
All teachers have some sort of anxiety based dream that usually surfaces at the end of the holidays.
Mine usually involves desperately trying to get to my classroom on time with varied and increasingly bizarre obstacles in my way. I know that for every minute I am delayed, my class will be rioting, my boss will be standing there and I will be in terrible trouble!
I don’t know any teacher who doesn’t have some version of this dream. If only the kids knew!

Roseland triker

Cheese ..... It's all about the cheese
All teachers have some sort of anxiety based dream that usually surfaces at the end of the holidays.
Mine usually involves desperately trying to get to my classroom on time with varied and increasingly bizarre obstacles in my way. I know that for every minute I am delayed, my class will be rioting, my boss will be standing there and I will be in terrible trouble!
I don’t know any teacher who doesn’t have some version of this dream. If only the kids knew!
Rule the kids not visa Versa 😜

oldwheels

Legendary Member
My recurring dream involves travel by motor vehicle. Often a motorhome or van and my late wife is often with me. We also get lost in some kind of hotel with numerous passages and doorways but no obvious exit. Usually we do exit into a large dining room with no people there but can get out into the open air.
Obviously based on my real past life but last night I drove into a deep ditch which is something I have never done. I was going to get a Land Rover to pull the motorhome out of the ditch but others present said that would not work.
I woke up then before getting any further.

could be - once when going through a stressful time at work - had a lot of extra responsibilities pushed on to me - I dreamt that the entire office building had just toppled over sideways while not disentegrating on the way down. Just fallen like a tree. Toss up whether this was a worry or wishful thinking I suppose.
The alternative explanation might I suppose be something to do with MrsN, separation from etc, though maybe best not to ponder that too much on a public forum.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
The alternative explanation might I suppose be something to do with MrsN, separation from etc,
Oooh, now we're getting somewhere.

Nickyboy is heavily dependent on the wonderful Mrs N to rescue him when things go wrong....
He has called upon her to come and collect him on multiple occasions when he has been unable to make it back home from bike rides due to falls or mechanical failures :surrender:

Maybe the fact the dreams always revolve around an inability to reach Mrs N is more significant than I had considered?

:popcorn:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Means your brain is trying to fix the same neurones, and it’ll take a little while.

I'll say.

I had a recurring dream that my life, job, relationship, house etc. was a dream and my dream (which took me back to the job I did when a traumatic event occurred) was in fact the reality and I was still in that job after all this time.
That lasted 30 years.

Mine usually involve rickety walkways and cliffs or tall buildings, probably becuase I have a fear of heights.

I had a hernia repair break within a year, back in the early 2000's and for several years after that I had a recurring "Hernia" dream.

robjh

Legendary Member
I had a brief and inglorious teaching career many years ago, and I still periodically dream that these last 30 years have been a sort of sabbatical and I have imminently to go back to my real job teaching, and there is a class waiting for me and I've done no preparation. At first I try to brave it out, thinking 'how hard can it be?' but the dread grows as the moment approaches. In my dreams I never actually make it into the classroom - sometimes I am late, which is another kind of anxiety dream - but the growing sense of horror feels real.

irw

Quadricyclist
I find dreams usually mean something, even if piffle - no matter how bizarre - just a matter of figuring it out - had a dream about a couple of dressed upright walking foxes coming out of a house last night - believe it or not while making the espresso it occured to me what that was all about. The human mind is an amazing thing - I love dreaming - often better than the telly.
You can’t just leave the story there!

You can’t just leave the story there!
mm - can I? - I doubt you'd guess. The kindergarten cops mods might dive in if I explained. Wrists may be slapped.
We're family friendly don't you know - as in nothing to be mentioned that can't be sung by first year primary.
I'll think about it - thanks for your interest.

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've just got out of bed. I woke at 3.15 pm (time given for future reference) after being asleep for a long 9 hours. I had a crazy dream towards the latter part of my sleep. I know it was the latter part as I got up for a pee at 12.15 and had no recollection of this dream. The dream involved me driving into the local cemetery with my dog. I put a sleeping bag on the path a few yards from my dad's grave and fell asleep. When I woke my car and dog were gone. There were quite a few people walking around, but none seemed to think it unusual on seeing me walking round carrying my sleeping bag under my car calling my dog's name while also looking for my car. I eventually found my dog, chewing a bone in a stream. I also remember knocking a blue ornamental head ( looked like one of those potato heads with sticky out ears) over with my walking stick, part in temper, breaking it in half (Easter egg style). It wasn't a bad dream as such, more a weird one. Have I slept too long and in doing so brought this dream on I wonder?🤔

Top Bottom