recycling wheel chairs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

JamesAC

Thanks, folks.

I've suggested to my daughter that she contact 1) freecycle (they have a convenient branch in barking & Dagenham) or 2) red cross.

If that doesn't work, then the suggestion of dumping the useful and useable stuff outside the local hospital sounds quite a good idea.

Cheers

J

domtyler

Über Member
I would not recomend dumping this stuff at the hospital. If you are caught you may face some kind of action for fly-tipping, not really the result you are looking for I guess?

A quick look on eBay makes me think that you have little to no chance of selling it, there are loads coming up with zero bids and hundreds in total.

Your local tip will have a section for scrap metal, it will be recycled by being melted down and used for something else. I know this is the most wasteful sounding of the options, but it may be the best one open to you.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I hope it works out. How awful, in these days of budgetary constraint, if the local authority won't come and make use of stuff....

But I also like the Flugtag idea. One year, I really will be organised enough to get a team together....:evil:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
There is an organisation called Wheels for the World. They take wheelchairs which are then refurbished as necessary in prisons, and then distributed to those that need them. You can see their website at www.throughtheroof.org (Through the Roof). The website gives a telephone number and they may be able to help you.
I hope this helps.

Top Bottom