Votes: 7 3.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 57 30.2%
  • No

Votes: 112 59.3%
  • bring back hanging

Votes: 13 6.9%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad at urage

I don't jump red lights in my car, so why would I think it was alright to do so on my bike?

Red lights are there for all road users, not just cars. Even pedestrians have to stop at red lights when on a level crossing. No, a red light, is a red light. You have to stop.
Agreed, except the bolded: Just noticed "level crossing" ... Do you know where the regulations are for this? Specifically railway law I guess?

Dan B

Disengaged member
Railways are not public places. Roads are. And pedestrians don't have to stop at red lights which control road junctions. Really, I don't see how level crossings are relevant to any of the points made in this thread

Railways are not public places. Roads are. And pedestrians don't have to stop at red lights which control road junctions. Really, I don't see how level crossings are relevant to any of the points made in this thread

Its only relevent as it is far more dangerous to jump the lights at a crossing and is treated as such, one example here of a lorry driver being arrested for several railway offences: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-11006018

Its peoples perception, its entirely possible for a similiar incident to occur at traffic lights where a serious accident occurs and someone is arrested for more than just jumping the light. (we'd need a bus/lorry though, doubt a train would run well on tarmac).

Its peoples perception, RLJ is judged to be less dangerous at a junction than a railway crossing.

Dammit I'm discussing RLJ now, oh well its a slow day lol

[/size]

I'd be surprised if that perception were not correct, based on what little I know about the stopping distance of a train.

Do you mean was not correct? Or that it is correct? :wacko:

Either way I'm happy disagree or agree with anyone on that statement, I'm not having that debate lol But based on the number of people who I see willing to jump a red light at a junction, compared to a level crossing theres definately a judgement of risk that it is less dangerous to RLJ at a junction.

Top Bottom